Thursday 7 May 2020

Slimline Mother's Day Succulent Card.



Hello crafty friends ...

I had mentioned to Karen Burniston that I was going to figure which of her dies would work for a Slimline card. Well, first, I had actually initialized the conversation asking her to consider making some specific Slimline Dies but meanwhile I was going to see which other ones would work well. She suggested the Circle Frame Pop Up, which is one of my favourites. I didn't add the frame for the charm instead adding a layered & folded circle in between the two pivoting circles.

Remember you can always see my interactive cards on my YouTube Channel HERE


Since I love to create interactive cards but I'm also loving the Slimline card format, I was really happy to see how well the Circle Charm Pop Up worked! The card front has a panel of succulent patterned paper, and the centre circles have layered succulents where were also fussy cut from a sheet in the patterned paper. It was cool to discover that it wasn't a sheet of random succulents, but instead different succulent layers which can be fussy cut and layered similar to Paper Tole.


I added the Love You and sequins cut from pink mirror card stock. The sequin dies are included with the Rockin Rectangle die set, also by Karen Burniston.



I apologize for the photos ... there was so much white and everything kept looking blown out. On the left side of the card, is a stamp that says Happy Mother's Day. The border along the inside bottom is actually a sticker that came from the same patterned paper package.


This card was sent to my Mother In Law for Mother's Day.

Supplies:
Pink and white card stocks
Patterned paper and border sticker - Greenhouse Collection, Kaisercraft
1046 Circle Charm Pop Up - Karen Burniston
Slimline Stitched - Trinity Stamps
Dotted Scalloped circles - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Pink mirror card stock - Tonic Studios
1083 Word Set 9 Love - Karen Burniston
1089 Rockin' Rectangle (sequins) - Karen Burniston
Quick Critters - Taylored Expressions
Scalloped Square - Queen & Company
Happy Mother's Day - Brimming with Love Sentiments, Taylored Expressions

Card size - 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. love how you combined the circle charm pop-up with a slimline :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!