Monday 25 May 2020

Black and Gold Masculine Birthday Wiper Card


Hello crafty friends ...

It's Masculine Card Monday here on my blog and today I'm sharing a fun Wiper Card that was actually made in November as a show sample for i-crafter's launch at  Creativation in January.

The card front uses a couple of i-crafter dies - the Happy comes from the Zip Gift Tag (January release), and the cool 'splat' die is from the Comic Word die set which is also part of the May release.


I backed the 'happy' with gold foil card stock and outlined the 'splat' with a gold gel pen. It's subtle in the photos, but I also outlined the decorative panel on the front with a gold gel pen. I do this a lot but often forget to point it out. The metallic in the gel pen catches the light and it's a nice effect.


Remember you can always see my interactive cards in action HERE, on my YouTube Channel!


I offset the Wiper Insert on this card, moving it all the way to the left and only using one arm instead of two. You can see the card I made with both arms loaded with balloons on my blog post HERE if you are interested.


I used neutral colours with pops of gold, and the sentiment was a cut apart in the 6 x 6" paper pad I was using for the card. The balloons were cut from both gold foil and black glossy card stocks and I was SO happy with how they looked when they were all assembled and adhered into the card.


I really like this layered Happy Birthday Die, and can see getting lots of use out of it. It's a great size and has a unique font.


I was happy that it was going to be a booth sample, but even more pleased when Lynda shared it again in her May Release Preview Video. When I make a show sample, I make sure the cards are nice and sturdy and also use lots of adhesive. They are handled a LOT and you want them to hold up well. Obviously this one did, as shown in the video which you can see HERE if you are interested in seeing the entire May i-crafter release.

Supplies:
222054 Happy Birthday Wiper Insert - Lynda Kanase, iCrafter
222041 Comic Words - Lynda Kanase, iCrafter
222010 Zip Gift Tags (happy) - Lynda Kanase, iCrafter
Kraft, white and black card socks
Patterned paper - Spring Fling, Pebbles
Rectangle dies - Hero Arts
Black Mirror card stock - Tonic Studios
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Word - Cut apart from the patterned paper above
Sakura gold gel pen

Card size:  Standard A2, 4.25 x 5.5"

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!