Thursday 1 November 2018

Eight 'Happy Birthday' Cards

Good morning friends

I have had this die for over a year, and it was fun to pull it out again and make some cards to donate to my Mom's nursing home. If you follow my blog, you will know that I'm now making 20 - 25 birthday cards each month for the residents there.

To start my first six cards, I cut the Happy Birthday Centerpiece die once from each of the colours, and twice from black. Then it was just a matter of inlaying all the bits and pieces back into their openings, alternating colours!


Some of the panels were raised up with foam tape, and others were adhered right to the card front. It was a little fiddly, but a very relaxing way to spend a couple of evenings. Tip: After die cutting each panel, I held it over a piece of white paper and made sure all the little bits fell onto their sheets. That made it much easier to choose my colours and find all the pieces I wanted to inlay. I had one sheet with the coral pieces, one for the green etc etc.



I'm really happy at how cheerful these cards turned out!


All of the cards are the same inside, and I coloured the heart to match each card. Love using my MISTI for multiple cards as I'm guaranteed to get perfectly placed, perfectly stamped images on every single card.


I made these final two cards as I wanted to see if I could use the die for cards that went a little quicker but still had lots of impact. Worked out like a charm, but I have to say it was very hard for me to put the leftover bits into recycling!



I have a stash of water coloured panels done using Colorburst and Magical Shakers, so used two of those for these two cards.



Supplies:
Happy Birthday Centrepiece die - MFT Stamps
White, coral, turquoise, green and black card stocks
Stickles
Blueprints #13 (stitched rectangle) - MFT Stamps
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Stamp inside - MFT Stamps
Stitched rectangle die - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Fine point markers

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Karen,
    I love these, especially the last ones with the colorful paper background peeking through the negative spaces. You are truly a creative card maker. Keep it up, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the perfect die for mass producing your birthday cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!