Thursday 8 November 2018

Flower Fold-It Thank You Card

Good morning friends

Today's share is a cute Thank You card, made using the Flower Fold-it's die set by Stephanie Barnard for Sizzix.


I just adore the bright happy colours in the patterned paper and I think this is such a fun card to send off to someone because of the unexpected shape. It fits perfectly in an A2 envelope and mails for a single stamp!


While the die is intended to make either a top fold or side fold card, I found when I use it that way the top fold cards don't stand upright very well. So for this card I didn't worry about putting the cut line just over the fold, and instead cut two base layers from white card stock. I scored the second piece across the top back and put my adhesive ABOVE the score line. The flower bases were easy to line up and just like that I got a sturdy top-fold shaped card. NOTE, while this worked like a charm I think it would work even better if the back flower piece was cut from heavyweight card stock and I will do that the next time.



Supplies:
White card stock
Flower Fold-Its - Stephanie Barnard, Sizzix
Patterned paper - My Minds Eye
Stamp - MFT Stamps
Fishtail Banner die - MFT Stamps
Stickles

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!