Saturday 3 November 2018

Gold and Copper Autumn Spinner Square Pop-Up

Good morning friends

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge at the Crazy4Challenges Blog. It's also a new month, and our November hostess is Joanne Grzelak. Here is Joanne's challenge for this week: 
"During the fall and spring seasons, leaves are all around us. In the fall they are falling, colorful, and becoming a carpet on the ground. In the spring, the new leaves are sprouting from the trees. Make a card in which the only images are leaves. It does not have to be in autumn colors."

I had just received this leaf background die and of course I had to do a test cut so grabbed this patterned paper that was close by. The die cut beautifully, and I set the piece aside for a week or so. Finally, I had an idea as to how to use it and this is the card I made.



I have said it before and I'm sure I will say it again and again, but I love Karen Burniston's new Autumn Elements! I die cut the maple leaf, sprig and acorn from gold and brown card stocks and adhered them to a black circle. I have this pretty copper trim from Stampin' Up, so pulled at it until it was open and airy, then adhered it behind the acorn for a little more shimmer and shine. The patterned paper has gold foiled bits on it as well so this is one shiny card!



Inside, I used the Spinner Square Pop-Up and some patterned paper/journal cards from my stash as well as some gold foil accented stickers.



The corn hides behind the Be Thankful rectangle and spins down and into view as the card is opened.







Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C459.

Supplies:
Black, brown and white card stocks
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
1060 Word Set 7 Autumn - Karen Burniston
1059 Autumn Elements - Karen Burniston
Copper trim - Stampin' Up
Stardust pen - Sakura
Leaf background die - Tutti Designs
Patterned paper on front - Recollections
Nuvo Crystal Drops
Copic Marker
1042 Spinner Square Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Stickers - Paper Studio
1062 Evergreen Pop-Up (bow) - Karen Burniston
Journal card and inside patterned paper - Prima
1055 Ovals Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1011 Katherine Label Pop-Up (label and hearts) - Karen Burniston
Sakura gel pens

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. oh what a beautiful background die, perfect for this challenge. Awesome card too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!