Tuesday 27 November 2018

Snowman Banner Shaped Card

Good morning friends

I stumbled upon a 'Flash Sale' at the Stamps of Life, and they had this Snowman Fold-It card on their site - which was a limited edition. Since I've been enjoying making shaped Fold-It cards I added it to my order and couldn't wait to have a play.


This is the first snowman I've made with the dies - I think I'd like the base (shadow) a different colour the next time. I also found out that the folded card doesn't stand on it's own because of the rounded bottom. I tried trimming off the inside bottom edge to make it straight but that didn't help. So I decided to perch my snowman on a large fishtail banner and make that be my card base.


The hat, mitts and mug are from the Lawn Fawn Critter Hugger Winter Add-On set and I was happy with how well they fit on this snowman. I bent the die cut arms to give him elbows - it's going to be fun making different snowman variations.



I think this Snowman Fold-It will make some really cute tags for the holidays too.

Supplies:
White, red, kraft, and black card stocks
Patterned paper - DCWV
Snowman Fold-It - Exclusive, Limited Edition - the Stamps of Life
Woodland Critter Huggers Winter Add On - Lawn Fawn
Stitched Fishtail Banner - MFT Stamps
Stamped words on banner - MFT Stamps
Nuvo Shimmer pen
Nested Banner dies - Umbrella Crafts
Stamp inside - Stampin' Up, Peaceful Poinsettias

Card size is 4-1/2 x 6-1/2", because of the Santa Hat height. But it will easily fit in a 5 x 7" envelope and mail for a single stamp.

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!