Tuesday 13 November 2018

White Christmas Tree Pop-Up Card, Paper Pro's Challenge

Good morning friends

It's time for the Paper Pro's challenge, and this month the theme is "Holiday Cards". Ever since I saw Paul Peterson's lovely card on the Karen Burniston Pop-Up Peeps Face Book page I've wanted to make a white Pop-Up Christmas tree. That is what I used for my card today, but first here is the outside:



The patterned paper has gold and champagne foiled prints and it just shines when it catches the light. I added some additional gold details with the crosshatch vertical border, punched sprig and die cut Merry Christmas then added gold Glitter Dots as well.




Here is the card inside, with that pretty white tree.




I also added some borders from the Outdoor Scene, cutting them from white then dabbing on white glimmer paint on just the deer and tree portion. I used the same paint on the Pop-Up Christmas Tree pieces before assembling, because I tried to finger dab the paint through the stencil feature on the dies and had myself a big mess. I should have just used a sponge dauber to start with!




I added a gold embossed sentiment to the left side of the card, being careful that it was positioned so it wouldn't be a catch point for the tree. The Outdoor Scene borders were adhered directly to the card inside for the same reason and the card opens and closes smoothly.




I added a lot of gold glitter dots to my white pearlized tree.




It's amazing that this card folds completely flat for mailing, and will only need a single stamp. Since there was very little dimension other than the Pop-Up tree, I added foam tape under the front greeting rectangle. You don't want to add too much foam tape on the card front though, as then it doesn't lay flat open for display.



Finally, for those of you who like to pin card fronts and insides together, here you go:




Thanks for the inspiration Paul! 


The Paper Pro's challenge is a casual one with a varying number of participants each month. This month we have:




Supplies:
Patterned paper - Stampin' Up
White card stock
1020 Christmas Tree Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
1054 Rectangle Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1045 Outdoor Scene - Karen Burniston
Shimmer paint, white - Stampin 'Up
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Words - Peaceful Poinsettias, Stampin 'Up
Gold embossing powder
Gold foil card stock - Scrap from tash
1022 Word Set 3 Holiday - Karen Burniston
Sprig punch - Stampin' Up
Fun foam
Card size - 6 x 4-1/2" 


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!