Tuesday 6 November 2018

Designer Challenge Christmas Trees Card

Good morning friends

It's time for the November 2018 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge, with the theme: "CHRISTMAS TREE" - make a card that incorporates a Christmas tree. Since the Christmas Tree's Pop-Stand has been re-released, I decided to do a version of my Designer Challenge card from several years ago. 

This card is 4 x 9", and fits perfectly in a #10 business envelope. There are three gold 'dots' on the card front, and they are actually the fall away pieces from the little wreath's I used to decorate the house windows and tree tops inside the card.



Below is the card as it is opening ...


... and here it is fully open!

I cut a third pop-stand in the centre of the card, and two of the house shapes from white card stock. Then a house was adhered to each of the flaps similar to doing the trees - and then both house pieces were attached together at the roof peak.


Love the new Merry Christmas - such a great font and I love that it cuts as a single piece. The patterned paper I used has lovely gold foiled bits in it so this is a very sparkly card for the holidays.


Below you can see the gold wreath's that I added to each of the windows on the house. I used the stencil feature of the die and a light brown ink to add the design to the house front.



To make this card, I cut the patterned paper 8 x 9", and scored it down the centre on the 8" side. That gave me my 4 x 9" top fold card. Then I simply folded it on the score line and centred the Pop-Stand die where I wanted my trees to go with the nubs centred on the fold. It fit through my Big Shot and cut through both layers at once.

I hope you will check out what the rest of the Design Team came up with for the challenge - their blogs are linked on the right. Karen Burniston will have her post on her blog tomorrow (Wednesday November 7th).

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Stampin' Up
White, brown and kraft card stocks
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Holographic circle stickers - Stampendous
Inside stamp - Hero Arts
Gold gel pen - Sakura

Card size - 4 x 9"

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Love your card. Guess I DO need the pop tree dies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the house between the two trees

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!