Saturday 17 November 2018

C4C 461 Sketch Holiday Card

Good morning friends

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge at the Crazy4Challenges Blog. Our November hostess is Joanne Grzelak and since it's the third Saturday of the month Joanne has a sketch for us this week:


I picked up a new 6 x 6" Paper pad, so used it for my holiday card today. I don't often purchase 6 x 6" pads as I prefer the full 12 x 12" ones. You should have seen me at Michaels, trying to decide which size of this patterned stack to buy - I had them both in and out of my shopping cart several times. Finally decided that I really only loved about half of the patterns, so went with the 6 x 6" version.

This is the first time I used my new Scalloped Card Drop-Ins die set by Stephanie Barnard for Sizzix, and of course I didn't use it as intended. The die set comes with a smaller scalloped portion for the card front but I really wanted a full A2 sized scalloped card. I folded my white card stock in half then placed the scalloped card back die at the fold line and ran it through my Big Shot. That gave me an A2 scalloped card base and the scallops line up perfectly when the card is closed. YAY - I'm going to get a lot of use out of this die set as it's quite versatile!



The patterned paper has lovely coppery foiled bits so I added metallic sequins for some additional holiday bling. The wreath was fussy cut from one of the cut-parts in the paper stack and that gave me my circle for the sketch.



Since the borders are a full 6" wide, I trimmed the greeting one down as close to the words as I could, then popped it up on another border from the sheet. It is wider than the card though, so this will have to go into a slightly larger envelope than an A2.

I added another printed panel inside the card along with another foiled border strip, and a stamped panel for the greeting.



Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C461.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Recollections
Scalloped Card Drop Ins - Stephanie Barnard (Sizzix)
Blueprints #29 (stitched rectangle) - MFT Stamps
Dashing rectangles - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stamps, Merry Christmas to All - Stampin 'Up
Sequins


Thanks for stopping by today


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!