Wednesday 28 November 2018

Double Z-Fold Card with a Pop-Up Surprise

Good morning friends

I am just SO pleased with this card. The 'Still Night Bundle' was another stamp & die set from the Stampin' Up Holiday catalogue that I just HAD to have. We have a pair of Great Horned Owls in our neighbourhood and can often hear them hooting in the evenings and early mornings. We've enjoyed watching them perch on our roof or the trees outside the family room and have loved seeing the owlet's too.

Since my brother also likes owls and I needed to make his Birthday Card, I chose this set and made a wide Double Z-Fold card with masculine coloured patterned paper from my stash.




It was close to bedtime when I started the card, but then this idea came to me and I had to stay in the craft room to see if it would work. And it did - I was SO excited! I added Karen Burniston's Katherine Label Pop-Up to the inside panel so when the card is opened, this filigree owl pops up. How cool is that???


I was just thrilled that my idea worked - it really opens up a whole bunch of possibilities with these cards and is just another reason I like the Katherine Label Pop-Up so much.

Below you can see the layers that show the card is put together like a normal Double Z-Fold card, and then the arm for the Katherine Label is adhered inside the inner fold.


When I first saw this die in the set, I thought - meh. But I loved everything else in the bundle. Now I think this filigree owl is beautiful and I can't wait to use it again.



I know my brother is going to be just tickled with his card and that makes me happy.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - the Paper Studio
Kraft and white card stocks
Still Night stamp and die bundle - Stampin' Up
Copic markers and Stampin' Up Blends
Happy Birthday stamp, Perennial Birthday - Stampin' Up
Word stamp, Picture Perfect Birthday - Stampin' Up
Dashing rectangle dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
1011 Katherine Label Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Stitched fishtail banner dies - MFT Stamps
Sakura white gel pen

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is fantastic and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of owly goodness in this one, love the use of the katherine Label pop up on it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love owls, double Z fold cards, and absolutely love your ingenuity! He’s surely going to get a hoot out of your card. 👍😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!