Wednesday 31 March 2021

Easter Pop Up Accordion Card

Hello! I had placed an order with Divinity Designs that took awhile to arrive (no surprise, with both USPS and Canada Post still experiencing slow service) but it DID get here and I couldn't wait to play with this Accordion Card With Layers Die set. I have a walkthrough of my card on YouTube:

My card is held closed with a Belly Band that's decorated with a lovely Easter word stamp, butterflies and rectangles from Karen Burniston's Rockin' Rectangle. Below is what the card looks like as it opens. I decorated it with Karen Burniston's Easter and Backyard Charms, then made a pop up inside the last panel using her Mini-Pops. 

I love the bright and happy papers (Doodlebug, of course) and that is part of the reason I bought this die set. I have a lot of 12 x 12" patterned papers with large prints and a die set like this will be perfect to use those papers on. Next time I will add a simple box pop up inside as another option.


The snail from the Garden Charms set is just too cute. 


The largest arm from the Mini Pops animates a scalloped circle, a stamped and coloured Easter Basket and punched butterflies.


I have seen this type of card on social media, made without dies. But I know that if I have a die set - especially one that includes the layering dies - I will make this type of card more often than just trying to fold it on my own. It goes together easily but has big impact when it is opened and displayed. Win win!


Supplies:
Accordion Card with Layers - Divinity Designs
Card stocks
Patterned paper - Doodlebug
1078 Easter Charms - Karen Burniston
Glitter Brush Pen
1130 Backyard Charms - Karen Burniston
1146 Mini Pops - Karen Burniston
1089 Rockin' Rectangle (rectangles) - Karen Burniston
Joyful Easter stamp - impression obsession
Find Joy stamp - Big Bold Easter, Taylored Expressions
Stitched Mini Scallop Ovals - MFT Stamps
Butterfly punch - Martha Stewart (old)
Card size - Standard A2, 4.25 x 5.5"

Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!