Tuesday 30 March 2021

Juggling Fox Fold Flap Slimline Card

Hello! I'm back today with my weekly Crafty Meraki Design Team Post and today's card is a Fold Flap Slimline featuring a juggling fox! As soon as I saw this fox image in the To-Tail-Ly Awesome set I wanted to make a juggling fox card and I finally got to make it! I also have a walkthrough of my card on YouTube

I went through my stash and pulled out colourful enamel dots for the fox to juggle. If you don't have enamel dots, you could use small buttons, sequins, Nuvo Drops etc. I went over the ears and all of the white areas on the fox with a Wink of Stella pen so they are nice and shimmery.


Inside I added some simple lettering, a narrow strip of black card stock & sequins and this card is perfect to send out for Happy Mail!


Measurements for my Fold Flap Slimline Card:

  • Cut card stock 7 x 8.5"
  • Putting the 7" edge at the top of your scoring tool, score at 1-1/4" and 3-1/2".
  • Fold your card in half at the 3-1/2" scoreline, to form your card base
  • Fold the 1-1/4" scored edge to the front of the card.
  • NOTE:  I adhered the flap right to the card front using thin foam tape, but most of the A2 Fold Flap Cards I've seen utilize pretty patterned papers and have the card open as more of an accordion. 

Now you can decorate it as you desire! I die cut the Craft-A-Round Slimline die from white card stock. and used the die cut as a stencil. That is another way to get more mileage from your dies!

For the 1" wide rainbow strip, I cut 1/2" strips of colourful card stock and adhered them next to each other onto text weight paper. I ended up creating two sheets of these and have just been cutting strips or pieces as needed to decorate my Crafty Meraki Design Team Cards. 



"Crafty Meraki is a tribe of women who are all creators but more importantly, love helping others in any way we can! 

Meraki (may-rah-kee) a verb, or adverb, a Modern Greek word, derived from the Turkish “Merak” (Labor of love, to do something with pleasure), is applied to tasks, usually, creative or artistic tasks, but can be applied to any task at all. Meraki means to do something with passion, with absolute devotion, with undivided attention.

Crafty Meraki was born out of a vision to help creators do what they love doing the most- to create!"



Supplies:
Craft A Round Slimline Die - Crafty Meraki
To-Tail-Ly Awesome - Crafty Meraki
Stitched Circles - MFT Stamps
Ohuhu Markers
Water brush
Black glaze and white gel pens - Sakura
Wink of Stella
Sequins
Enamel Dots
Black marker
Copics
Card stocks
Card size: 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #9 or  #10 Business Envelope for mailing

Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!