Friday 12 March 2021

Easter Shutter Card

Hello! This is my first play with a shutter card die set I purchased recently from Taylored Expressions. It works inside an A2 card and since I was in the mood to create an Easter card, that is what I made first. I have a walkthrough of my card on YouTube:  


The card is held closed with a Belly Band which easily slides off so the card can open. I decorated the Belly Band with stitched labels, stickers and a stamped sentiment.


The fun stickers are so bright and shiny and I love how they catch the light. The two bunnies on the card front were adhered to white card stock and fussy cut before adhering down.

When the card opens, the shutters open to reveal another bunny and a pair of eggs.


I added a couple more sentiment strips and holographic stickers and my card was done.


I have lots of ideas for this set, including making Mini Slimline and Slimline cards with it!

Supplies:
Gatefold Reveal 2 - Taylored Expressions
Patterned paper - Doodlebug
Card stocks
Stickers - Dollar store
Mini Strips Easter - Taylored Expressions
Mini Strips Die - Taylored Expressions 
Banner Pick A Punch - Stampin' Up
Tasteful Labels - Stampin' Up
Card size - Standard A2, 4.25 x 5.5"

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Such a colourful Easter card

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I love the shutter aspect. I'm thinking it could work for the Hey, Chick or the Whale Done stamp sets. Got my brain churning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!