Friday 26 March 2021

March Paper Pumpkin, First Alternate Cards


Hello! It's Fun Fold Friday here on my blog and today I'm sharing my first two alternate cards using the March 2021 Paper Pumpkin kit called "Here's To You". The First card is a Dutch Door fun fold card, and the second one has a Pop Up inside. I am going to have a lot of fun making up this kit! I have a walkthrough of my cards on YouTube

Both of my Paper Pumpkin Alternates are Slimline cards, and this first one started out as a Dutch Door Card but I had to make some adjustments as I explained in the video.

I pulled in the Peaceful Boughs for added elements, since I think they work so well with the laser cut trees that are included in the Paper Pumpkin Kit.


Here is a peek at the inside ...


I used Slimline dies by Divinity Designs for my cards, both the Slimline Card Base** and the Slimline Rectangles. Both have an embossing feature on the edges, which adds a lovely detail.

Since the March Paper Pumpkin came with stencils as a free gift, I decided to add a little scene inside my card with the stencils. On the envelope, I used a couple of the stencils as well as the negative portion of the laser cut trees as a stencil.



My second card also uses the stencils, as well as the In The Pines bundle.


The stamped sentiment is from Gina K and I added some of the printed cloud rectangles from the kit as well as pieces of one envelope liner.


Inside is the pop up, created using a simple box pop up. I will link a tutorial below for that.


I added some older patterned paper from my stash and both inner panels were die cut and embossed with the Slimline Rectangle dies by Divinity Designs. 


Click HERE to see the video on how to make a simple box pop up on YouTube.

As I said above, I am looking forward to playing more with this Paper Pumpkin kit - but have put it aside for a bit while I work on Design Team projects.

Supplies:
Everything included in the March 2021 Paper Pumpkin kit "Here's To You", plus what is listed below

Slimline Card Die** - Divinity Designs
Slimline Rectangle Dies - Divinity Designs
Card stocks - stash
Glimmer Brush Pen
Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Plaid patterned paper - Lawn Fawn
Peaceful Boughs bundle (dies) - Stampin' Up
Tasteful Label dies - Stampin' Up
Sentiment inside - Another Year Older, Taylored Expressions
Celebrate - Birthday Greetings, Studio Katia
Thinking of You stamp - Just Because, Gina K
In the Pines Bundle (dies) - Stampin' Up
Patterned paper - Studio K (old, stash)
Smile Often stamp - Impression Obsession
Stitched Mini Scallop Oval dies - MFT Stamps
Card size  (both) - ~4 x 9", fits in a #10 Business Envelope

** Requires a larger die cut machine

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!