Wednesday 3 March 2021

Hugs For You Mini Slimline Card

Hello! I'm on the Crafty Meraki Blog today with my weekly Design Team Post and today's card is a Mini Slimline card. After white heat embossing the Floral Hugs stamp onto water colour paper, I used Jane Davenport Water Color Markers and a water brush to paint the image.  The panel was trimmed to be slightly smaller than the teal matting layer & card base and it was popped up with a full panel of fun foam. 


Since I usually decorate the insides of my cards too, I added coordinating teal and white panels, stamping along the outer edge of the white one with the Floral Hugs image and yellow ink before adhering them inside the card.


I spattered a little diluted black ink and added a few Majestic sequins from Studio Katia. Stickles glitter was also added to a few flowers for a little more shimmer & shine. The 'For You' comes with the Floral Hugs and I white heat embossed it on a scrap of the same teal card stock as the mat and popped it up with thin foam tape. My Mini Slimline card today measures 6 x 3.5" and fits in a #8 envelope.


"Crafty Meraki is a tribe of women who are all creators but more importantly, love helping others in any way we can! 

Meraki (may-rah-kee) a verb, or adverb, a Modern Greek word, derived from the Turkish “Merak” (Labor of love, to do something with pleasure), is applied to tasks, usually, creative or artistic tasks, but can be applied to any task at all. Meraki means to do something with passion, with absolute devotion, with undivided attention.

Crafty Meraki was born out of a vision to help creators do what they love doing the most- to create!"



Supplies:
Floral Hugs - Crafty Meraki
Water colour paper
Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Water Brush
Jane Davenport water colour markers
Yellow finalize marker
Blending Brushes
Shimmer Spray
Stickles
Card stocks - stash
Fun Foam
Majestic Confetti - Studio Katia
Card size - 6 x 3.5", fits in a #8 envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!