Monday 29 March 2021

Hello Sunshine! Slimline Shaker Card


Hello! Today I'm sharing a fun Slimline card - that is a Shaker Card as well as a Pop Up. The Sun die is from Lawn Fawn and a new addition to my craft room - I loved it as soon as I saw it. I had to make a shaker with it right away then went on to make a card and I have a walkthrough on YouTube as well:



The eyes, nose and cheeks are dies that come with the sun die but I added eyelashes with a sharpie marker. When I started this card, I thought I would send it as Happy Mail to our youngest Granddaughter. Whenever I see her, I say 'Hello Sunshine'. Those words fell out of my mouth the first moment I met her - just hours old, in the hospital with her parents ... and they just stuck.

I added a lightly stencilled background and stitched puffy clouds from Your Next Stamp, and the 'Hello' & 'SUNSHINE' are from Pink & Main. Finally, I added a few sparkly Gumdrops from YNS. 


Inside I used Karen Burniston's Katherine Label Pop Up to animate several stitched puffy clouds.


The sun and sentiment stamps are from an older Paper Pumpkin kit. I found an online listing for an unused kit and haven't put it together yet! But the stamps are great so I decided to go ahead and use them. That's the fun thing about Paper Pumpkin, and I have yet to receive one where I wasn't keen on the stamp set.


One more look ...


Once I got the card finished, I decided it might be better to send it off for Happy Mail to a friend ... eyelashes and all. Ha!


Supplies:
Stitched Sun Frame - Lawn Fawn
Circle die - Hero Arts
Acetate
Sequins
Glitter Brush Pen
Sakura White Gel Pen
Sharpie Marker
Card stocks - stash
Stencil - Radient, Honey Bee
Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes
Hello - Pink & Main
Stitched Puffy Clouds - Your Next Stamp
Slim Stitched Rectangles - Your Next Stamp
Bling It On Sparkly Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp
1011 Katherine Label Pop Up - Karen Burniston
Stamps inside - June 2020 Paper Pumpkin, Box of Sunshine (Stampin' Up)
Card size - 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by 

2 comments:

  1. I love that your cards are always so bright and colorful. Not only is it a delight on the outside, but also on the inside as well! I also am a huge fan of your interactive cards. You're my role model and my dream would be to some day be able to make cards like yours!! I just wanted to send the positive vibes and 10 out of 10 stars for your cards!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!