Tuesday 9 March 2021

To-Tail-Ly Awesome Slimline Card


Hello! I'm on the Crafty Meraki Blog today with this To-tail-Ly Awesome Slimline Card. I just adore these cute foxes in Crafty Meraki's To-Tail-Ly Awesome stamp set and used one with the included tree stump for my card today. The colouring was done with Prismacolor pencils and blended with mineral spirits and a blending stump. 


Once I had my fox & stump coloured and adhered to the ink blended circles, I needed something to fill all the empty space on the Slimline card front. The Crafty Hive Slimline Die was the perfect die to accessorize my card! I lay a few different colours of card stock scraps over the die and ran it through my die cutter, which gave me these cute rainbow coloured hexagons! After inking the edges, I popped them up on my card with foam tape and added shimmer with a Wink of Stella Pen. 

The sentiment was stamped onto white card stock, matted with turquoise and snipped apart to adhere as shown.


Finally, here is a peek at the inside. I die cut the Crafty Hive Slimline Die from white card stock to use as a stencil and lightly brushed colour onto the white panel inside. I'm storing that piece with the die, as I can use it multiple times before the card stock breaks down from the inks. Lots of room to write a note to whoever I send this card to for Happy Mail and it's sure to make someone smile with all the happy colours.


"Crafty Meraki is a tribe of women who are all creators but more importantly, love helping others in any way we can! 

Meraki (may-rah-kee) a verb, or adverb, a Modern Greek word, derived from the Turkish “Merak” (Labor of love, to do something with pleasure), is applied to tasks, usually, creative or artistic tasks, but can be applied to any task at all. Meraki means to do something with passion, with absolute devotion, with undivided attention.

Crafty Meraki was born out of a vision to help creators do what they love doing the most- to create!"


Supplies:
To-Tail-Ly Awesome - Crafty Meraki
Crafty Hive Slimline Die - Crafty Meraki
Circles - Hero Arts
Prismacolour Pencil crayons
Gamsol
Blending Stump
Card stocks - stash
Black glaze pen - Sakura
Wink of Stella
Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes
Cloud mask - Heffy Doodle
Wink of Stella
Card size - 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #9 or #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!