Wednesday 10 March 2021

"Soaring By" Mini Slimline Card


Hello! I knew I wanted to put this cute parrot onto an Action Wobble as soon as I opened the new release package from Your Next Stamp. So that is the first thing I did with it! After stamping on water colour paper with YNS Black Olive Ink I die cut the parrot with the coordinating die. I added the colour with Karin Water Color markers and a waterbrush. 

Next I die cut a second parrot - just with the die, no stamping - and adhered that one behind the stamped and coloured one. I find the Action Wobbles can leave a mark on your image because of the heavy plastic they use to make them and doubling up prevents this from happening. If I don't have a die to cut a second image, I will add a scrap of card stock to the back of whatever stamped image I'm going to adhere to the wobble to give me that double layer of card stock that will be over the plastic on the wobble.

The sentiments were white heat embossed on black card stock and matted with the same turquoise as the card base. I adhered one to the card front and the second part of the sentiment on the inside.


I added a bit of stencilling to my envelope and this card is ready to go in the mail ... I'm still sending out lots of Happy Mail!

Supplies:
Soaring By - Your Next Stamp
Soaring By Die Set - Your Next Stamp
Black Olive Ink - Your Next Stamp
Tropical Paradise Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp
Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Karin Water Colour Markers
Waterbrush
Shimmer spray
Wink of Stella
Mini Action Wobble
Card stocks - stash
1/2" Quick Strips - the Stamp Market
White embossing powder
Copic markers
Leaf stencil (on envelope) - Taylored Expressions
Wink of Stella
and Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes
Sakura black glaze pen
Card size:  3.5 x 6", fits in a #8 envelope

Thanks for stopping by today 

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!