Tuesday 23 March 2021

Owl Love Slimline Card


Hello! I'm back today with my weekly Design Team Post and today's card is a Slimline featuring the cute owls from Owl Yours. I started my card by cutting a white card base 7 x 8.5" and scoring it down the centre at 3.5". I set that aside then cut the 3 Room Studio Slimline Die from Kraft card stock and stamped the words "owl you need is love" on an angle over the entire panel. Inking the edges with brown ink finished that off.

I then turned it over and adhered a same size piece of transparency across the back and set the panel aside. A same sized white card stock panel was dipped into puddles of diluted blue water colour marker and that was set aside to dry. I stamped and coloured the images from Owl Yours then the card was ready to be assembled!

The (now dry) white inked panel was adhered behind the Kraft window panel so the blue areas showed through the windows. The transparency gives the card lots of shine as it catches the light! After adhering this to my folded white card base I added the stamped images as shown.

The sentiment comes from  Essential Sentiments by MFT Stamps and I added sequins for additional sparkle and shine.


Since I like to decorate the insides of my cards as well, I added a stitched scalloped panel from the Slimline Pull Tab Dies by Heffy Doodle and another white panel. Finally, I stamped a single owl, used a water brush & diluted dye ink to add some blue behind him then added two more sequins.


One more look ...


"Crafty Meraki is a tribe of women who are all creators but more importantly, love helping others in any way we can! 

Meraki (may-rah-kee) a verb, or adverb, a Modern Greek word, derived from the Turkish “Merak” (Labor of love, to do something with pleasure), is applied to tasks, usually, creative or artistic tasks, but can be applied to any task at all. Meraki means to do something with passion, with absolute devotion, with undivided attention.

Crafty Meraki was born out of a vision to help creators do what they love doing the most- to create!"


Supplies:
3 Room Studio Slimline Die - Crafty Meraki
Owl Yours - Crafty Meraki
Scalloped rectangle inside - Slimline Pull Tab Dies - Heffy Doodle
Essential Sentiments - MFT Stamps
Card stocks
Water Brush
Shimmer Spray
Jane Davenport Water Colour Markers
Copic markers
White gel pen
Transparency 
Wink of Stella
Sequins
Card Size - 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #9 or #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!