Wednesday 17 March 2021

Two Slimline and One Fun Fold Card


Hello!  Today I'm sharing three cards for my Divinity Designs Guest Designer Post on their BLOG. I love the bright colours in the Geometric Paper Pad, so paired it here with pops of both black and white. 

First up is a Birthday Card made with the Vintage Flip Fold With Layers and the Vintage Bird Label stamp set. I have a walkthrough of this card on YouTube:


The smaller Vintage Bird Label was clear heat embossed over black ink and water coloured with Karin Water Colour Markers. I scribbled the markers onto my glass mat, picking the colour up with a water brush and painting in the image.


Using the same stamp set, I white heat embossed a flower in the bottom left corner, the Happy Birthday to the centre label and butterflies in the top right corner. Now the patterned paper has a bit of a shine to it, so I had to stamp slowly and carefully so the images didn't smear. But it's completely doable!


The painting process was repeated inside, using a different one of the stamps in the Vintage Bird Label stamp and water colour markers. Finally, I added a couple of black sequins for some Birthday Sparkle.



My second card today also uses the Vintage Bird Labels - I love the silhouette look of these stamps, which of course is why I chose them. I die cut the Slimline Quatrefoil Background Die from white card stock and adhered that over a same sized piece of paper from the Geometric Paper Pad Slimline Size. One of the Double Stitched Vintage Labels was added to the top third, and on a smaller label I clear heat embossed the silhouette image that was stamped in black ink. The water colouring was done the same as the Flip Fold card above, using water colour markers scribbled onto a glass mat and picked up with a water brush. The painted image was popped up onto the white one with foam tape for dimension.

Using the Slimline Card Base die*** I cut my card base from black card stock and embossed the edges. Then the decorated Quatrefoil Background panel was adhered to the front making sure there was an even border all the way around. Finally - a few black sequins were added and my card front was done.

Here is a peek at the inside of the card. I used the Slimline Rectangle Dies to cut a slightly smaller black panel and embossed the edges. Then another rectangle die from the set was used to cut and emboss a smaller white panel. I added a couple of stamped images from the Vintage Bird Labels and there is lots of room to write my note on the white panel.



My third card is also a Slimline card! This was my first play with the Slimline Flower Petal Background and I think it's going to be lots of fun. I have several ideas already that I want to do with it. For my card today, I die cut it from black card stock and adhered it to a same sized panel of patterned paper from the Geometric Paper Pad Slimline Size.

The white card base was created with the Slimline Card Base** die and the edges were embossed. Then I added the Slimline Flower Petal background to the card front making sure there was an even white border all the way around.


The decorative element was created with a Double Stitched Circle and the You Warm My Heart stamp & die combo. The to-go cup was stamped onto the patterned paper and cut out with the included die. I added a little bit of shading with a grey alcohol marker and popped it up onto the circle with foam tape. The other images were stamped using the same set. Then, a few sequins added some sparkle.


Inside, I added matted embossed layers using the Slimline Layering Rectangle Dies. A smaller piece of leftover patterned paper was die cut with the same sized Slimline Layering Rectangle Die as the white panel (and embossed), then adhered to the bottom of the white panel. The smallest Slimline Layering Rectangle Die was cut from a strip of black card stock (and embossed) and added over the join. Then I stamped one more heart from the You Warm My Heart stamp set and added a single black sequin.


I'll be back next week with another Guest Designer Post using these fun products from Divinity Designs. Check out the Divinity Designs Blog for lots of inspiration from their Design Team!


** Requires a larger die cutting machine


Supplies:

Bird Flip Fold Card 
Vintage Label Flip Fold With Layers - Divinity Designs
Vintage Bird Labels - Divinity Designs
Geometric Paper Pad Slimline Sized - Divinity Designs
Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Card stocks
Karin Watercolour markers
Wink of Stella
White embossing powder
Clear embossing powder
White gel pen - Sakura
Black Sequins
Card size - Standard A2, 4.25 x 5.5"


Quatrefoil Slimline Thanks Card
Slimline Card Base**  - Divinity Designs
Slimline Quatrefoil Background Die - Divinity Designs
Slimline Rectangle dies - Divinity Designs
Geometric Paper Pad Slimline Size - Divinity Designs
Double Pierced Vintage Labels - Divinity Designs
Vintage Bird Labels - Divinity Designs
Card stocks
Karin Water Color Markers
Water Brush
Clear embossing powder
Water Colour paper
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Card size: ~4 x 9", fits in a standard #10 Business Envelope


Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

  1. Love the bright colors with the black & white details

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!