Tuesday 2 March 2021

Mini Slimline Cupcake Pop Up Birthday Card

Hello! It's time for Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge, and she challenged her Design Team to create a project using "Black, White and a Pop Of ....".  I chose PINK to be my "Pop Of" and made a top fold Mini Slimline with the Cupcake Pop Up. I have a walkthrough of my card on YouTube since it's always more fun to see these cards 'in action'.

I started my card with a 3.5 x 12" piece of white card stock, scoring it in the centre at 6" which gave me the top fold Slimline card of 3.5 x 6". I added a diagonal strip of black and white patterned paper and  a spray of blooms from the Flower Pot Pop Up. The pink card stock was all scraps from my stash and I added white glittered card stock as well. The pink seam binding was added after the card was complete, as I generally work on the insides of my Pop Up cards first then finish with the front.


The black card stock was all given a spritz with my shimmer spray so it has a lovely sparkle!


Inside, I used the Cupcake Pop Up! It BARELY fit into the 3.5" card width but I took my time lining up the die's alignment nubs with the inside score line and I was careful when adhering the inner card to the outer card so as not to damage those narrow strips on either side of the pop up base. I admit to holding my breath a couple of times, ha ha - but it worked and I was tickled!


Inside I added a couple more of the black and white patterned paper strips and then some flowers & vines from the Flower Pot Pop Up. I was able to use up several scraps of pink card stocks for the flowers! The little bow is intended to go across the cupcake liner, but I chose to add it to the upper right corner.

The cupcake icing was cut from white glitter card stock and the black cupcake liner was spritzed with shimmer spray.


The Thinking of You was die cut twice, once from pink card stock and once from black. Then the pink one was layered over the black, offsetting for a bit of a shadow.


As shown in my video, I used patterned paper and the Envelope Punch Board to create a coordinating envelope.   

I hope you will check out what the rest of the Design Team came up with for their 'Pop Of ...'  - their blogs are linked on the right. Karen Burniston will have her project on her blog tomorrow (Wednesday).

Supplies:
1008 Cupcake Pop Up - Karen Burniston
1010 Flower Pot Pop Up - Karen Burniston
1102 Word Set 10 Thinking of You - Karen Burniston
1003 Word Set 2 Birthday (celebrate) - Karen Burniston
Card stocks - stash
Patterned paper - Black & white & Rainbow 6 x 6" pad, Studio Katia
Shimmer spray
Envelope punch board
Patterned paper for envelope - Totally Girl, My Minds Eye
Card size - 3.5 x 6", fits in a #8 envelope but I did use my Envelope Punch board and patterned paper from my stash to create an envelope.

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!