Thursday 1 April 2021

April 2020 Paper Pumpkin - Second Card Group

Hello! Today I'm sharing my second group of Paper Pumpkin Alternate cards using the April 2020 kit called "My Wonderful Family". I had found an online listing for an unopened kit and really enjoyed using it! I have a walkthrough of my cards on YouTube as well: 


The kit came with four Offset Gatefold Card Bases and four Z Fold Card Bases. This first card uses one of the Z Fold Card Bases. While the green print on the right side was on the card base (it matches the envelope) I added some of 'That Paper' since the colours worked so well.

I used the negative piece from the punched out leaf sprig as a stencil for the envelope.


The birds, sprig and label all came included in the kit.


My second card is also a Z fold card, but decorated completely differently! I used several of the included stamp sets but the 'You Are On My Mind' and the bear are stamps from the December Paper Pumpkin kit.


Below is the card fully open.


Card #3 uses the last of the Z Fold Card Bases, and for this one I added a scalloped rectangle on the left fold with a layered succulent.


I had been running low on Sympathy Cards, so this one is for my stash.


My final Paper Pumpkin Alternate card used the last Offset Gatefold Card Base and the layout was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest by Elizabeth Price. For this card I rotated it to be a top fold card and adhered the bottom Gatefold flap right to the inside back of the card. That way the leafy sprig could overhang it for a nice detail. 


I added touches of glitter to the centre of the pale flowers that were printed on the top Gatefold flap.


Below is a peek at the inside of the card.

The kit came with enough supplies to create eight cards with coordinating envelopes, and that is what I did. Because I did my own thing rather than follow the included directions I have quite a few extra bits leftover for other projects though! A few of the birds, butterflies tree trunks and leafy sprigs will all be making their way onto future cards.

If you would like to see my first April 2020 Paper Pumpkin Alternate video - you can click HERE.


Supplies:
April 2020 Paper Pumpkin Kit, My Wonderful Family (Stampin' Up)
Patterned paper - Eucalyptus, the Paper Studio
Seam Binding - Stampin' Up
Wink of Stella
1/8" Quick Strips - Stamp Market
1/4" Quick Strips - Stamp Market
Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes
Sentiment inside - Happiest of Birthday's, Stampin' Up
Celebrate - Birthday Greetings, Studio Katia
Crystal Clear Confetti - Studio Katia
Beary Comforting - December Paper Pumpkin, Stampin' Up
Chameleon markers
Sakura black glaze and white gel pen
Card stocks - stash
Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangles - MFT Stamps
Large Flower Stencil - Hero Arts
Pearlized Doily - Stampin' Up
Sakura gold gel pen
Patterned paper - Greenhouse Collection, Kaisercraft
Card stocks
Simple Strips Sympathy - Taylored Expressions
Simple Strips die - Taylored Expressions
Sympathy words - Hero Arts
Grey Copic markers
Celebrate - Birthday Bundle, May 2015 Paper Pumpkin
Happiest of Birthday's - Stampin' Up
Card sizes (all) - Standard A2, 4.25 x 5.5"

Thanks for stopping by

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!