Monday 19 April 2021

Meraki Cheer - a New Release!


Hello!  Crafty Meraki is having a 'Mini Release' and it is wonderful! I am sharing a Slimline card using two of the new items being released ... Wings of Hope and the Hello Shadow Word Die. We are celebrating the release with an Instagram Hop and I have all of those details near the end of my post. 

The card background was cut with the Craft A Round Slimline die, and I inked it with dye inks and blending brushes before adhering it to my white card base. Matting a white panel with gold foil card stock, that was added to the card front for a place to add my elements. Then, I gold embossed the largest butterfly from the Wings of Hope set and inked that as well. After fussy cutting it out, I added foam tape to the back before adhering it to the white panel.

After cutting the pierced shadow layer for the Hello, I brushed on the same colours as the background and the butterfly, then used Heffy Doodle's Fancy Foliage stencil to add the pattern. You can also find that stencil in the Crafty Meraki shop, and it's a fun way to dress up your die cuts. Then I cut the Hello portion twice ... once from white confetti card stock and once from gold foil. Alternating the colours gave me a second one to use on another project - in opposite colours! NOTE - remember to keep the fallaway pieces from the centre of the letters (like the loop of the h) so you can add them back in for a cohesive look.


Here is a peek at the inside, where I added another stamped butterfly from the Wings of Hope. This one was coloured with water based markers before I stamped it, and I stamped a  sentiment from the set.


One more look ...




Below is the Instagram Hop list- If you are on Instagram, I hope you will hop along and be inspired by all the lovely creations!

 Crafty Meraki-     @crafty_meraki
 Arjita-                   @bcreative_arji    
 Charmaine           @charcards.charmaine.canham
 Gladys-                @crafty_mochi 
 Karen                   @karenaicken
 Lidya-                   @leeds_craftroom 
 Linda                    @stampinwithlizdesign
 Sindhu-                @handmade.by.sindhu 
 Yuliya-                  @card_soul  






"Crafty Meraki is a tribe of women who are all creators but more importantly, love helping others in any way we can! 

Meraki (may-rah-kee) a verb, or adverb, a Modern Greek word, derived from the Turkish “Merak” (Labor of love, to do something with pleasure), is applied to tasks, usually, creative or artistic tasks, but can be applied to any task at all. Meraki means to do something with passion, with absolute devotion, with undivided attention.

Crafty Meraki was born out of a vision to help creators do what they love doing the most- to create!"


Supplies:
Craft A Round Slimline Die - Crafty Meraki
Hello Shadow Word Die- Crafty Meraki (new release)
Wings of Hope- Crafty Meraki (new release)
Slim Diagonal Stitched Rectangles - Pink Fresh Studio (available at Crafty Meraki)
Fancy Foliage stencil - Heffy Doodle (available at Crafty Meraki)
Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Confetti card stock
Gold embossing powder
Gold gel pen
Shimmer spray
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Gold sequins
Wink of Stella
Card size - 8.5 x 3.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!