Sunday 4 April 2021

Whisky Slimline Birthday Card

Hello!  Today I'm sharing a Masculine Slimline Card that I sent to a friend for his birthday. I did a 'Fold Flap" Slimline, which is something I do quite often with my Slimline and Mini Slimline Cards.

The Whisky Business stamp set is perfect for this friend, so it was fun to get it out and use it again. I added the colour with dye inks smooshed onto an acrylic stamping block and picked up with a water brush. There is also a little Wink of Stella shimmer for the glass.


Below you can see the card inside ... the patterned paper had some stickers in it and that is where those two corner elements came from.  One of the sentiments from the stamp set was white embossed on a grey label and popped up with thin foam tape.


One more look ...


Measurements for my Fold Flap Slimline Card:

  • Cut card stock 8 x 8.5"
  • Putting the 8" edge at the top of your scoring tool, score at 1-1/4" and 4".
  • Fold your card in half at the 4" scoreline, to form your card base
  • Fold the 1-1/4" scored edge to the front of the card.
  • NOTE:  I adhered the flap right to the card front using thin foam tape, but most of the A2 Fold Flap Cards I've seen utilize pretty patterned papers and have the card open as more of an accordion. 
  • This decorative panel is 3 x 5", but I have done in it in a number of different sizes and shapes - it's very versatile!

Now you can decorate it as you desire! 


Supplies
Patterned paper & Stickers - Boy Crazy, My Minds Eye 
Various card stocks
Whisky Business stamp set - Stampin' Up
Mini Misti - My Sweet Petunia
Water Brush
Wink of Stella
Stars - August Paper Pumpkin
White embossing powder
Tasteful Labels - Stampin' Up
Card size - 4 x 8.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope


Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!