Hello! It's time for the April 2021 Designer Challenge and Karen Burniston challenged her Design Team to create a project around the theme of 'YUMMY'. I decided to make a Slimline Gatefold Card using the Circle Charm Pop Up and the Wine Charms ... because Wine is yummy - right? Ha.
The Circle Charm Pop Up is one of my favourite KB die sets, and I haven't used it in awhile. I have a walkthrough of my card on YouTube:
Folded, my card is 8.5 x 3.5" and surprisingly it's not very bulky! While I ran out of time to do a tutorial, I will add my measurements at the end of my post in case you are interested in making a similar card.
- To make this Gatefold Card, you will need to cut three panels. The centre panel measures 8.5 x 3.5".
- The right side panel is 5 x 3.5", scored at 4-1/4"
- The left side panel is 5.75 x 3.5, scored at 3/4".
- Fold the side panels on the score lines and adhere the small flaps (both should be 3/4") to the back of the centre panel.
- Now you have a Gatefold Slimline Card that you can decorate as desired. These measurements give enough of an overlap that you can add magnets or velcro to hold the card closed. If you would prefer a more traditional Gatefold Card where both sides meet in the middle, make both sides the same size as the right side panel.
- Remember Karen Burniston has assembly videos for her pop up dies right on the product page at karenburniston.com as well as here on YouTube. Once you know how to assemble your die, the rest is card size, paper and colour choice as well as embellishments! You can change the look of your card every time you use the dies. :-)
The rest of the Design Team is sharing their projects today and you can find their blogs on the right side of my blog. Karen Burniston will have have her post tomorrow (Wednesday) on her blog.
1046 Circle Charm Pop Up - Karen Burniston
1137 Word Set 12 Anniversary - Karen Burniston
1078 Wine Charms - Karen Burniston
1088 Heart Pivot Panel (hearts) - Karen Burniston
1151 Cross Hatch Long Rectangls - Karen Burniston
Patterned paper - Blue Fern Studios (old, from my stash)
Pink foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Magnets - Basic Grey
White pearl card stock
Card stocks - stash
Wink of Stella pen
Gold Fever Confetti - Studio Katia
Card size: 8.5 x 3.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope
Thanks for stopping by