Monday 26 April 2021

Jar of Tulips Mini Slimline Card

Hello!  I have been itching to play with this Jar of Flowers stamp and punch set that I've had sitting on my stamping table for MONTHS. I have so many ideas for this set ... more ideas than time these days. I decided to just go ahead make a card to send out for Happy Mail and this is what I came up with.

I pulled out some retired patterned paper from a 6 x 6" package that was gifted to me a few years ago, and after stamping and cutting out the floral image I used Karin Water Colour markers and a water brush to add the vibrant colour. The blooms also got some shimmer from a Wink of Stella pen,

A strip of gold foil card stock was embossed with the Subtle embossing folder for shine and texture. The little hello die is from Karen Burniston's new Waterfall Card die set.


Finally, here is a peek at the inside, with more of the patterned paper and a strip of the embossed gold card stock. I stamped just the blooms across the bottom edge and added a punched butterfly.


If I were to make this card again, I would add a white rectangle or doily in behind the bouquet to make it stand out a little more.




Supplies:
Jar of Flowers and coordinating punch - Stampin' Up
Karin Water Color Markers
Water Brush
Gold Twine
Gold Shimmer Ribbon - Stampin' Up
Shimmer Spray
Wink of Stella
Patterned paper (retired) - Stampin' Up
Petite Scallop Mini Slim Stacklets - Taylored Expressions
Subtle Dynamic Embossing Folder - Stampin' Up
Gold foil card stock
Gold Fever Confetti - Studio Katia
Gold gel and White gel pens - Sakura
1161 Waterfall Card (hello) - Karen Burniston
Butterfly Punch - Martha Stewart
Card size - 3.5 x 5", fits in a #8 Envelope

Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!