Tuesday 6 April 2021

Floral Hugs Mini Slimline Shaker Card

Hello!  I'm sharing my weekly Crafty Meraki Design Team Post and today I used the Floral Hugs stamp and created a 'Faker Shaker'.  I started with water colour paper and white heat embossed the Floral Hugs onto a Mini Slimline sized panel. Then I sprinkled Pigment Sprinkles on top and spritzed the panel with water. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the look of these pigment sprinkles (or Brusho or Color Burst etc). In some areas the colour had to be spread around with a brush, and I used Water Colour Markers and a water brush to pain in the HUGS so it would stand out.

Once the panel was dry, I trimmed the water colour panel to 5-1/2 x 3-1/4", matted it on white card stock and added it inside a cello bag. If you would like a tutorial on creating a 'Faker Shaker', you can click HERE to see my earlier YouTube video. 


I kept the filler simple and fairly flat as I worry that faceted gems might tear through the cello bag as the card goes through the mail.


"Crafty Meraki is a tribe of women who are all creators but more importantly, love helping others in any way we can! 

Meraki (may-rah-kee) a verb, or adverb, a Modern Greek word, derived from the Turkish “Merak” (Labor of love, to do something with pleasure), is applied to tasks, usually, creative or artistic tasks, but can be applied to any task at all. Meraki means to do something with passion, with absolute devotion, with undivided attention.

Crafty Meraki was born out of a vision to help creators do what they love doing the most- to create!"


Supplies:
Floral Hugs - Crafty Meraki
White embossing powder
Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Water colour card stock
water brush
Jane Davenport Watercolor Markers
Shimmer Spray
Pigment Sprinkles - Stampin' Up
Clear cello bag
Card stocks - stash
Coarse Glitter - Recollections
Filler - Mommy Panda Supplies (Etsy)
Black sharpie
Ribbon - Stampin' Up
Card size - 6 x 3.5", fits in a #8 envelope

Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!