Friday 29 January 2021

Sending Hugs Slimline Card

Hello! Today's card uses more of that pretty patterned I received as a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) from Marilyn W back in November. I am enjoying USING the paper and not leaving it sitting on a shelf.

I had used this wreath die on a holiday card last month and mentioned that I really didn't use it much since it was too big for a Slimline card and almost too big for even an A2 card. But since I had it out anyhow, I had this idea to just use partial wreath's on a Slimline instead of the full wreath and this is what I came up with!


In the video of that Christmas Wreath Trifold Card (click HERE to see that card) I mentioned that I had got the wreath out as I had been eyeing the wreath die set from Stampin' Up but knew that I had this die and didn't use it very much and wondered if I really NEEDED another wreath die. Well, I caved and bought that set and now that I have used this older one a couple of time I am ready to play with the new set ... guilt free. 😉

I am trying really hard not to just 'collect' Slimline dies - but this one from Rubbernecker has such a nice edge detail I did order it and I'm really glad I did. It's just lovely! I die cut the ECD wreath twice from the dark teal card stock and added one to each edge of the Slimline card, snipping off the parts that overhung the edges.


Here is a peek at the inside:


I added just a touch of light stencilling to the inside and there was lots of room to write my message when I mailed this card.

Supplies:
Wreath Die - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Patterned paper - Eucalyptus, Paper Studio 
Card stocks - stash
Slimline Teardrop die - Rubbernecker
Shimmer Spray
Stencil - Leaf Prints Four, Slimline - Stamplorations
Sakura gold and white gel pens
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
1/8" and 1/2" Quick Strips dies - the Stamp Market
Tasteful Label dies - Stampin' Up
Small Flowers - Foliage Frame Slimline, Trinity Stamps
Big Hugs stamp and die set - Papertrey Ink
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Seam Binding - Stampin' Up
Card size - 3/5 x 8.5", fits in a #9 or #10 Business Envelope.

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!