Friday 15 January 2021

Dog Themed Birthday Z Fold Card


Hello!  I've been working on a set of dog themed Birthday Cards and today's share is the last one. I actually remembered to take a photo of all the cards together, which is shown above. It's Fun Fold Friday here on my blog and today's card is a 'larger-than-A2'  Z-Fold card using a fun background die by Your Next Stamp. I have a walk through of my card on YouTube here:


While I would normally back the background die with a transparency for shine, on this one I did something different. I coloured the white backing panel with a red marker everywhere there was a die cut heart. This didn't take too long, I lined up the Paw Print Panel with the white backing panel and made a light dot in each heart area with a red sharpie marker. Then I set the Paw Print Panel aside and coloured circles around each dot. Then I adhered the coloured one behind the black and it was ready to adhere to my card. 

Note:  I could have coloured the hearts through the background panel, but the red Sharpie marker could leave marks on the black card stock so this was the way I chose to do it.


Below you can see the card opened, with a strip of the Playful Pets patterned paper on the centre section and a fussy cut dog and ball from a different sheet in the paper. While there is a coordinating stamp set and die set available, at this point I only have the paper. In fact, I had planned on using my 'shopping points' from my Stampin' Up demonstrator to get the stamp set and then I would purchase the dies - but she went MIA for weeks. I was worried about her and her family because, you know - COVID - but I turns out she was just fine and working on a new business venture so will no longer be selling SU. So ... 'shopping points' ... poof. 

Because the cards are all such different sizes, I think I will package them up in a white gift bag so I made a coordinating tag as well:

The dog is another one that was fussy cut from a sheet of the patterned paper.



Supplies:
Patterned paper - Playful Pups, Stampin' Up
Large Michaels card & envelope
Card stocks - stash
Paw Print Panel Die - Your Next Stamp
Red sharpie marker
Stitched Fishtail Banner - Your Next Stamp
Bark - "Bark" - Echo Park
Stitched Rectangle Die Set - Your Next Stamp
Birthday words - Pawsome, Taylored Expressions
Wink of Stella
Bakers Twine
Card size - 5 x 6.5", fits in the included envelope

Tag:
Cool Tag 3 - Your Next Stamp
Patterned paper - Playful Pets, Stampin' Up
Sakura black glaze pen
Bakers Twine

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!