Monday 18 January 2021

Crafty Meraki "Meraki Hugs" Release Week 3


Hello!
I'm back today with two more cards for the next Crafty Meraki release called Meraki Hugs and I made both of them Slimline Cards!

My first card uses the new Three Room Studio Slimline die, cut from blue glittered card stock.
 

This is going to be a fun die and you can add any number of things inside those three windows. I chose to use the new Pixie Perfect stamp set - I adore those cute big eyed pixies!


The images were coloured with InkTense pencils and a water brush, and in addition to the shimmer from a Wink of Stella pen I added iridescent butterfly sequins! This card has LOTS of sparkle!


Inside are some penned details, strips of the blue glittered card stock and some lightly stamped images from the Pixie Perfect stamp set.


My second card for the release is a Fold Flap Slimline card and I also have a walkthrough on YouTube here


I have really been liking this Fold Flap type of Slimline and I chose two smaller images from the Pixie Perfect stamp set to make my card. I stamped the butterflies in rainbow colours. The LOVE & hugs comes from the Love Slimline Tag die set.



Inside I added a white panel of card stock that was lightly stencilled. For the stencil, I die cut the Craft A Round Slimline die from white card stock.


One more picture of the card front! 



Measurements for my Fold Flap Slimline Card:

  • Cut card stock 7 x 8.5"
  • Putting the 7" edge at the top of your scoring tool, score at 1-1/4" and 3-1/2".
  • Fold your card in half at the 3-1/2" scoreline, to form your card base
  • Fold the 1-1/4" scored edge to the front of the card.
  • NOTE:  I adhered the flap right to the card front using thin foam tape, but most of the A2 Fold Flap Cards I've seen utilize pretty patterned papers and have the card open as more of an accordion. 


"Crafty Meraki is a tribe of women who are all creators but more importantly, love helping others in any way we can! 

Meraki (may-rah-kee) a verb, or adverb, a Modern Greek word, derived from the Turkish “Merak” (Labor of love, to do something with pleasure), is applied to tasks, usually, creative or artistic tasks, but can be applied to any task at all. Meraki means to do something with passion, with absolute devotion, with undivided attention.

Crafty Meraki was born out of a vision to help creators do what they love doing the most- to create!"


SUPPLIES

Pixie Perfect Slimline card:
Three Room Studio Slimline Die - Crafty Meraki
Pixie Perfect - Crafty Meraki
Glue glitter card stock - Stampin' Up
Intense Pencils
Waterbrush
Wink of Stella
Transparency
White pearl card stock
Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes
Seam Binding
Glitter
Iridescent Butterflies - Studio Katia
Sakura Glaze pen
Card size - 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #9 or #10 Business Envelope


Butterfly Fold Flap Slimline Card
Pixie Perfect - Crafty Meraki
Love Slimline Tag - Crafty Meraki
Craft A Round Slimline die - Crafty Meraki
White pearl card stock
Scan 'n Cut
Waterbrush
Wink of Stella
Shimmer Spray
Stickles
Ohuhu markers
Card size - 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #9 or #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!