Monday 25 January 2021

Crafty Meraki "Meraki Hugs" Release Week 4


Hello!  Welcome to another week of sharing the new release from Crafty Meraki. The release is called Meraki Hugs and there are even more fun products being released today!

This was actually the very first card I made when I opened my Design Team package because I just couldn't wait to play with these adorable owls. My card combines the new Owl Yours with the View From My Window Slimline die for a sweet card you could send out for happy mail.

I used some of the smaller images in the Owl Yours stamp set to create the background pattern, then added splatters of ink. The owls were coloured with Ohuhu markers  and I used my Scan 'n Cut to cut them out. I went over their eyes with a black glaze pen for some shimmer and shine.


For the bottom right owl, I carefully cut his head away from his body then reattached it with foam tape. This allowed me to adjust the angle of his head.

Of course, I decorated the inside as well ...



 'And now for something completely different', ha ha. My second Design Team card for this release features the Thanks die and a LOT of shimmer and shine. I knew I wanted to cut all the layers of the Thanks from different colours and when pink glittered card stock caught my eye I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I also pulled out white pearl card stock and pink mirror card stock and cut some 1/2" strips from all three.

After cutting a 8.5 x 3.5" panel of lightweight card stock, I started adding alternate coloured strips  until it was filled. Flipping the panel over, I trimmed off all the overhanging strips and then cut the panel down to 8.25 x 3.25" and added it to the folded card base.


The Thanks die gives you a lovely wide shadow layer with a press dots feature, as well as a pretty script Thanks word and smaller shadow layer too. You can combine them in different ways or only use the pieces you wish - so fun! I have a couple more ideas with this one so you will be seeing it again for sure.


I cut the 'thanks' piece from both white and pink glittered card stocks, then pieced them together alternating colours. That left me with a second 'thanks' to use on another project.!

I maybe should have done a quick video to show you this card - it's definitely one that is better in real life. I took over a dozen photos trying to tone down the rainbow reflection in the pink mirrored card stock, and these photos were the best I could do. The card is SO sparkly and shimmery and shiny - it's very elegant in person where the photos make it look a little dull.


The Design Team will be sharing all the fun items from the release today, and we will be having an Instagram Hop on January 30th. So fun!

"Crafty Meraki is a tribe of women who are all creators but more importantly, love helping others in any way we can! 

Meraki (may-rah-kee) a verb, or adverb, a Modern Greek word, derived from the Turkish “Merak” (Labor of love, to do something with pleasure), is applied to tasks, usually, creative or artistic tasks, but can be applied to any task at all. Meraki means to do something with passion, with absolute devotion, with undivided attention.

Crafty Meraki was born out of a vision to help creators do what they love doing the most- to create!"


Supplies:
Owl Slimline Card:
View From My Window Slimline Die - Crafty Meraki
Owl Yours - Crafty Meraki
White card stock
Mini Misti
Broken China Distress Oxide Ink
Ohuhu markers
Sakura white gel and black glaze pens
Hand made cloud mask
Water Brush
Card size - 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #9 or #10 Business Envelope


Thanks Slimline Card:
Thanks die - Crafty Meraki
Pink glitter card stock - Stampin' Up
Pink mirror card stock - Tonic Studios
White pearl card stock
Majestic Confetti - Studio Katia
Card size - 8.5 x 3.5", fits in a #9 or #10 Business Envelope


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!