Wednesday 6 January 2021

Cactus Pop Up Slimline Card


Hello! Today I'm sharing the Birthday Card I made for my husband's birthday last month. I have a walkthrough of my card on YouTube as well. 


Karen Burniston's Happy Birthday die was cut four times then layered together for a sturdy 'chipboard' type element and I added colourful enamel dots and a strip of rainbow tape along the bottom.


Inside I used a couple more Karen Burniston dies ... the 'Go Wild' and the 'Mini Pops' die set.


The 3-D stickers were added to white card stock then fussy cut and added to the diagonal pop up arms from the Mini Pops. I love that KB has pop up dies for us that work so well in a Slimline Card! 


Since I had already adhered the patterned paper to the inside of my card, I couldn't use the pop up that is included with the Mini Pops. Instead I cut a 4 x 1" strip of patterned paper and scored it at 1, 2 and 3" then added that inside the card. NOTE: Since this patterned paper tends to crack along the folds, I adhered micropore tape (you could also use Washi Tape) to the back of my strip before adding the score lines.


Since this card was not going through the mail, I didn't have to worry about bulk or weight which is always fun.


Supplies:
Patterned paper and journal card - Cute Cute Cacti, Recollections
3D Cactus stickers - Paper Studio
Rainbow packing tape
1146 Mini Pops - Karen Burniston
Card stocks - stash
1128 Go Wild - Karen Burniston
Green Glaze Pen
1030 Happy Birthday - Karen Burniston
Enamel Dots - Stampin' Up
Card size - 8.5 x 4", fits in a #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!