Sunday 10 January 2021

Fold Flap Valentine Slimline Card


Hello!  Today I'm sharing the Valentine I made for our youngest Granddaughter. I made a Fold Flap Slimline card and used this adorable stamp set called Valentine from Crafty Meraki. This is not a Design Team project, I'm using the stamps because I think they are SOO darned cute and can see lots of ways to use them.

The patterned paper pad had this sheet of clouds so as soon as I saw that I was off and running with what I wanted to do for my card. The images were cut out with my Scan 'n Cut (although I do believe there is a coordinating die set available for purchase) and coloured with Copic markers. I coloured the girl to look like Alma, except for the blue dress. Alma - who has always preferred to wear her brother's hand me downs to anything remotely 'girly' - has declared she now likes PINK and only PINK. OK, and sometimes purple. So funny.


To make the heart pop up inside, I die cut the heart from patterned paper and folded it down the centre. Then I added a small score line on either side of the heart and adhered those 'flaps' inside the card leaving the rest to pop up. Just a little somethin' somethin' and it makes me happy.


The sentiment is included in the Valentine stamp set.


One more peek at the main focal image ... I tied the balloon with some string that was on the shipping tags I talked about in yesterdays YouTube video, and the girl/balloon image was popped up with thin foam tape.


One of the things I love about the Valentine Stamp set from Crafty Meraki is that there are BOY images! In fact, I thought I would use one but since I needed a card for Alma I decided to save the boy stamps to use on another card another day.

Measurements for my Fold Flap Slimline Card:

  • Cut card stock 7 x 8.5"
  • Putting the 7" edge at the top of your scoring tool, score at 1-1/4" and 3-1/2".
  • Fold your card in half at the 3-1/2" scoreline, to form your card base
  • Fold the 1-1/4" scored edge to the front of the card.
  • NOTE:  I adhered the flap right to the card front using thin foam tape, but most of the A2 Fold Flap Cards I've seen utilize pretty patterned papers and have the card open as more of an accordion. 
  • I chose these measurements for my card as then the patterned paper layer measurements are easy to figure out. I usually make my patterned paper layers 1/4" smaller, so if that top flap on the card base is 1-1/4 x 8-1/2", my patterned paper strip is 1 x 8-1/4".
Supplies:
Valentine - Crafty Meraki
Card stocks - stash
Patterned paper - Over the Rainbow, Recollections
Stitched Mini Scallop Ovals - MFT Stamps
Copic Markers
Sakura White Gel Pen
Wink of Stella
White String
Hand cut cloud mask
Taylored Expressions blending brushes
Stitched heart die - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Banners Pick A Punch - Stampin' Up
Card size - 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #9 or #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!