Saturday 16 January 2021

Trio of 'Faker Shakers'


Hello!  I have seen a lot of these 'Faux Shakers' on social media the past few months so thought I would finally try one. This is not a new idea by any means, but when new crafters stumble upon these older ideas they are new for them. That would explain the resurgence in this type of shaker. Also, I saw a video recently by a Stampin' Up demonstrator Rachel Tessman where she referred to them as Faker Shakers and I thought that was a fun name for them - way more fun than Faux Shakers. Of course that was AFTER I had filmed my video so I do call them Faux Shakers in my YouTube video & tutorial.


The Submarine Faker Shaker is the first one I made and I was tickled at how well it worked out - definitely the easiest  & fastest shaker card I've ever made. It's nice and flat too, because there was no foam tape used.

I cut the patterned paper to 5-1/4 x 4", inserted that inside my clear cello bag then added the sequins. NOTE I did not use any faceted gems in case they tore through the plastic when going through the mail. The submarine and sentiment were adhered on TOP of the finished shaker piece.


Inside, I used this wonderful school of fish stencil and a sentiment so I can send this card out for Happy Mail.


In the video I walk you through how to create two different Faker Shakers, the one with the giraffe was smaller than the polka dot cello bag I wanted to use. Here it is on the finished card.



The YAY YAY YAY is part of the border strip on the same patterned paper sheet I cut the journal cards from. The second one is at the bottom of the post ...



This journal card also worked to make a Faker Shaker, but I haven't added it to the front of a card yet. 


I will be making more of these Faker Shakers for sure - they are so fun! I hope you enjoyed my video tutorial and will make some Faker Shakers too!


Supplies:

Submarine Faker Shaker Card
Patterned paper - Whale of a Time, Stampin' Up
Submarine Die - Hero Arts
Clear plastic envelope - ClearBags.ca
Various shaker filler
Copper pearl card stock
Sea Creature Sentiments - Your Next Stamp (retired)
Banners Pick a Punch - Stampin' Up
Current of Fish Stencil - Pink Fresh Studio
Safe at Home Sentiments - Waffle Flower


Birthday Shakers
Cut Apart s- Happy Hooray, Pebbles
Cello bags - Amazon.ca
Stitched Rectangle Die Set - Your Next Stamp
Banners Pick A Punch - Stampin' Up
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Sentiment - Large Birthday, Technique Tuesday
Ohuhu Markers
Card Size - both, A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!