Wednesday 20 January 2021

Whisky Pop Up Birthday Card


Hello! I wanted to make a Slimline birthday card for our nieces new husband so I pulled out this older patterned paper pad. In with the bits and pieces, I found TWO of these card bases and inner cards that had been die cut years ago but obviously never finished. So I switched gears on what I had planned on doing and decided to use one of them up.

I have a walkthrough on YouTube here




I added a strip of rainbow coloured tape and a die cut CHEERS to the card front. 

This card uses Karen Burniston's (retired) Pop 'n Cut system, where the BigZ Steel Ruled Die (6 x 12") die cut the A2 card base with rounded corners. Then you could swap out different inserts to die cut the Pop Up inner card. I loved that system and still have all the dies! So it was lots of fun for me to make this card, using older and much loved supplies.


I chose the Funky Label insert as well as the coordinating Funky Label Framelit dies and this fun Whisky Business stamp set to decorate the card inside. I went over the liquid in the glasses & decanter with Wink of Stella so it has a light shimmer.


I hope he gets a kick out of his card, and now that he is part of the family he will be getting a hand made card every year on his birthday!


Supplies:
Patterned paper - Happy Trails, K & Company (old!)
Card base and inner card - KB's Pop 'n Cut system with Funky Label Insert
Funky Label Thinly Dies - Karen Burniston (retired)
Stamps - Whisky Business - Stampin' Up
White pencil crayon
Water brush
Brown patterned paper - I Believe, My Minds Eye
Rainbow Packing Tape
Tasteful Label dies - Stampin' Up
Sentiment/greeting - Birthday Greetings, Studio Katia
1111 Cheers! - Karen Burniston
Wink of Stella
Black Nuvo Drops

Card size - Standard A2, 4.25 x 5.5"

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. good to see those older KB dies played with. Fabulous stamp set for male cards too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!