Tuesday 5 January 2021

Rainbow Hearts Slimline Pop Up Card


Hello and welcome to Karen Burniston's first Designer Challenge of 2021! 

This month KB challenged the design team to create a project with the theme 'Thinking of You' and here is my Pop Up Slimline card. I have a walk through video on YouTube HERE:


I came up with this idea late one evening when I was looking at the Heart Pivot Panels and trying to decide how I could use them in a Slimline Card. It wasn't until a few days after I finished my card that I realized I must have been influenced by Karen Burniston's November Designer Challenge Project (linked in the supply list). I used lots of happy rainbow colours - you will be seeing a lot of those from me in the next little while. I'm just craving them!


I am really excited about this idea, as I really enjoy all of the Pivot Panel die sets but really prefer Slimline cards these days. Now I can combine the two and create Slimline cards that are also Pop Ups!.Yeah!!!


Since the Thinking of You cuts as a single piece, it is easy to adhere multiple layers together as I did here using more brightly coloured card stocks.
 

Holy moly, glitter and shimmer is hard to photograph. Hopefully you could see all the shine in the video! The 12 x 12" patterned paper pad included a sheet with a large glittered sunburst but the pattern is too large to work on even a 6 x 6" square card. So I snipped small portions of each of the coloured sections and used those to cut my glittered hearts from.


Here is a birds eye view of what the card looks like:

Be sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team came up with for the challenge, their blogs are linked on the right. Karen Burniston will have her project tomorrow (Wednesday) on her blog.

To create this Slimline card, I cut two pieces of black card stock for the base. One measured 8-1/2 x 3-1/2" and the second one was 6 x 3-1/2". This smaller piece is the card front. I scored 1/2" from the left edge of the card front, which gave me a flap to wrap around and adhere to the back edge of the card for a folding card that will fit the Heart Pivot Panels. It's probably easier to see in the video than to try to explain it here. 

The Heart Pivot Panel was also cut from black card stock and assembled as per Karen Burniston's Assembly Video

The patterned paper was cut 12" x 3-1/4". I trimmed a 5-1/4" panel for the front, and a 5" piece for the inside right. The remaining piece fit perfectly on the left inside edge!


Supplies:
1088 Heart Pivot Panels - Karen Burniston
1102 Word Set 10 - Thinking of You - Karen Burniston
1151 Crosshatch Long Rectangles - Karen Burniston
1134 Flip Frame Pop Up (stitched rectangle inside card) - Karen Burniston
Karen Burniston's November Designer Challenge Project
Rainbow glitter card stock - Stampin' Up
Various card stocks
Patterned paper - Over the Rainbow, Recollections
Wink of Stella
Dot stamps - Stamps by Judity
Black Sharpie
Card size - 8.5 x 3.5", fits in a #9 or #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

5 comments:

  1. I love how you made the die cut hearts on the pop up match the rainbow theme of the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh love the way you added the pivot panel die to this slimline

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was drawn to this patterned paper yesterday but talked myself out of it. Had to go back and get it today. There are just so many beautiful sheets. Thanks for making up my mind for me.
    I love it. I have no place to put it, but that is true of so many of my crafting items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well done, love the design you put together and shows different ways to use the KB dies. Thanks so much for sharing your awesome card. I really haven't been a huge fan of slimline
    cards, but will be trying to make this one soon, thanks to your great video :) keep up the great crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving those colors and all the hearts!! Wow, I know several people that would just love getting this card! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!