Sunday 3 January 2021

Bright Floral Birthday Card


Hello!  Today I'm sharing another card that has been done for months. But I was busy with Design Team obligations and seasonal cards so this one kept getting bumped. I had received a couple of new stencils with an online order back in September and I just wanted to have a quick play with this floral one.


I was happy with the background panel so decided to go ahead and make a finished Birthday card to donate to my Mom's old nursing home. I stencilled another, smaller panel and matted it on black. Then I added some pretty bling. I never have to worry about bulk with the nursing home donation cards as they are hand delivered to each resident.

The self adhesive gems were clear, so I used Copic markers to add colour to them.

I added some light stencilling inside the card then stamped the greeting on top of the pattern.


I used my Taylored Expression Blending Brushes and Catherine Pooler Inks. Can I just say again how much I love those inks? I'm slowly replacing all of my Stampin' Up ink pads with the Catherine Pooler ones, which is a HUGE step for me. I've used SU inks for many years. 

If you are on Instagram, you may have already heard about my exciting news - I will be joining the Crafty Meraki Design Team!!! The January release, called Meraki Hugs is a great one and we will be sharing the entire release spread out over the month of January. Tomorrow is the first one - so be sure to check back and see what I came up with using these amazing products.

Supplies:
Floral Stencil - CrafTreat
I-crafter Blending Brushes
Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes
Various card stocks - stash
Shimmer spray
Sentiment on front - Your Next Stamp (unsure of which set)
Simple Strips Backer Die - Taylored Expressions
Bling - Michaels
Copics
Sentiment inside - Large Birthday, Technique Tuesday
Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Card size - standard A2, 4.25 x 5.5"

Thanks for stopping by today


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!