Tuesday 25 August 2020

'Sending Good Vibes, Hugs and Lots of Happiness' Slimline Card



Hello my crafty friends ...   


I'm on the Your Next Stamp Blog today, sharing a card that features the Whatnot Sentiments Fourteen stamp set that was part of the August Release. If you would like to see a YouTube video that shows the entire release, you can find that here:



I made a Slimline card that uses the new Slim Circle Panel Die, which is proving to be a favourite. I cut it from a subtle patterned paper then laid it over a busier paper from the same package. The heart is the solid die from the new Heart Stripe Die Set, and I also added one of the adorable Gnomes from the Happy Gnomies set. The Retro Gumdrops set had the perfect colours so I added some of them to the card front as well.

The words were stamped onto the two smallest dies in the Stitched Rectangle Die Set and popped up with foam tape. I really like that the sentiments in the set are separate stamps, so that allows you to combine them in fun ways. Here I have a sentiment on the front that says "Sending You Good Vibes" ...




... and inside the card the greeting continues with "Hugs and Lots of Happiness". The words inside were stamped after I used two of the dotted images from the new Dots & Shapes stamp set to create my own background pattern. Then I die cut the smallest Stitched Fishtail Banner from three scraps of the patterned paper and adhered them across the white panel. Both ends of the banner were trimmed even with the white panel so I was left with the stitching on the top and bottom edges only. A fun look and another way to stretch your dies.


I added two more Gum Drops from the Retro package, but decided I wanted a pink one as well and that came from the Perfect Blend package. This decorated white panel was then adhered to a stitched, scalloped rectangle inside the card and I was done.



Supplies:
Stitched Scallop Nesting Slimline Rectangles - Kat Scrappiness
Sakura white gel and black glaze pen
Wink of Stella
Copic markers
Glossy Accents
Card stocks - stash

Card size - 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!