Monday 31 August 2020

Dog Themed 'Happy Mail' Card



Hello crafty friends ...

The mother of one of our friends remains locked down in a nursing home in Arizona, so I asked if she might like another Happy Mail card. They said YES and since this is a dog loving family, I went with a dog theme today. 

The background was cut with the Scalloped Heart Cover Die from Studio Katia, which not only cuts out the little pierced hearts but also the outline/frame for each heart. I cut one of the frames again with red card stock to accent one of the hearts and popped up the sentiment with foam tape.


Since I also like to decorate the insides of my cards, I added another scalloped rectangle along with a sentiment and paw print heart.



I'm sure this card will bring her a smile, knowing someone so far away is thinking about her.

Supplies:
Scalloped Heart Cover Die - Studio Katia
Patterned paper (blue) - the Sorbet Stack, DCWV
Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
"Lefty" stamp and die set - Taylored Expressions
Various card stocks - stash
Copic markers
Sakura black glaze and white gel pens
Scalloped rectangle inside - Queen & Company 
Stitched square inside - Queen & Company
Heart paw die - Paw Prints, MFT Stamps
Banner Punch - Stampin' Up (retired)
Wink of Stella
Simple Strips Woof - Taylored Expressions
Simple Strips Die - Taylored Expressions
Sequins - stash

Card size, A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!