Thursday 20 August 2020

'Happy BEE-Day!' Pop 'n Swap Card




Hello crafty friends ...

Today's card features these cute bee images from Studio Katia, and Karen Burniston's new Pop 'n Swap die set! All the details are in my YouTube video below:



As the card opens, the bee that you see through the window from the card front disappears behind the honeycomb and the second bee appears below it. So fun!



I added a few more hexagons around the card for some more colour, and we can sign our name on the large white half hexagon at the bottom right.






I waited a long time for these bees to come back into stock - they are very popular! I also picked up the Studio Katia  Honeycomb Shaker die at the same time. Looking forward to making a shaker card with it soon!



Now I do have a larger die cutting machine that accommodates this larger card size, to die cut the window. Alternatively you could use a punch or make a similar A2 sized card as the Pop 'n Swap fits in an A2 card (4.25 x 5.5").

This card is going into my stash - I love having a few special Birthday Cards ready in case I need one quickly.

Supplies:
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Honey Bees (stamps and dies) - Studio Katia
1133 Pop 'n Swap - Karen Burniston
Honeycomb Shaker Die - Studio Katia
Patterned paper - The Sorbet Stack - DCWV
Copic markers
Sakura black glaze and white gel pens
Acetate
Fitted Hexagon and Stitched Hexagon dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Simple Strips die - Taylored Expressions
Wink of Stella
White card stock
1131 Bitty Ball Pop Up (heart die) - Karen Burniston
Stencil (on envelope) - Clear Scraps
Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes
Card and Envelope - Michaels

Card size - 5 x 6.5"

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. this card is buzzing with fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea to use kb new die and bee theme. Love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!