Tuesday 4 August 2020

Clear Sympathy Card with Butterflies




Hello crafty friends ...

"And now for something completely different", as the saying goes ...  wink.   It's time for Karen Burniston's August Designer Challenge, with the theme of "WING IT!" - make a card that incorporates any type of wings. This could be a bird, butterfly, bee, fairy, airplane or add wings to something else - the sky's the limit!

I've been wanting to make a clear card for a long time, so that is what I did today, using several different die sets by Karen Burniston and I go over the details for you in my YouTube video below.


The Pattern Plate Flowers is sized to fit perfectly on an A2 sized card, and I cut it from a pretty white pearl card stock. In fact. all of the white on this card is the same white pearl card stock. It gives a subtle shimmer which is just lovely, especially for a sympathy card. 

Layered rectangles come in the new Pop 'n Swap set, the With Sympathy is part of the new release and the butterflies on the front are in the Circle Charm Pop Up die set. I added a couple of those beautiful iridescent butterflies from Studio Katia as well.



Inside is more of the same, with the smaller butterfly from the new Backyard charms. I wrote the sentiment with a fine point marker.





This card easily took as long as making a pop-up but I'm really happy with how it turned out. I am looking forward to making more clear cards in the future!

Supplies:
1126 Pattern Plate Flowers - Karen Burniston
Stick It - Ken Oliver
White Pearl card stock
Acetate - 10ml thickness, clear report covers
1133 Pop 'n Swap (rectangles) - Karen Burniston (NEW RELEASE)
Blue pearl card stock
1138 With Sympathy - Karen Burniston (New Release)
1046 Circle Charm Pop Up (Butterfly) - Karen Burniston
Black Sharpie
1130 Backyard Charms (small butterfly) - Karen Burniston (NEW RELEASE)

Card size - Standard A2, 4.25 x 5.5"



Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful, it has been ages since I made a clear card

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. I was glad to see the use of the clear acetate. I haven't seen any cards made like this and was hoping to get other ideas on how to use it. Thanks for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!