Sunday 9 August 2020

Christmas Slimline Gift Card Holder with Purse Pop Up


Hello crafty friends ...

I have a YouTube video for you today that talks about some of the details on my card.


The patterned paper is a pad I've had for a couple of years, but I went through it looking for a pattern that would work for a Slimline card. That is what started my card today! As usual when I do a Pop Up card, I complete the inside then work on the front with extra bits. So my front coordinates with the inside, rather than the inside coordinating with the front.


I pulled out some embellishments from my holiday bin to use to decorate the front, and hand wrote the message on the tag.



Inside, I used the new Purse Pop Up because I think that it works really well to decorate a Gift Card Holder!! While I do have a die cutting machine that will accommodate larger than a 6" card (like this one, which is a full 8" when opened) Karen Burniston's Purse Pop Up Assembly Video (see that HERE) has a trick that will work for a larger card without needing a larger machine!



The Gift Card Pocket was created using the Flap & Closure die set (flap & layer only), and I used wet glue to adhere it. When you use double sided tape or a tape runner, the thickness of the gift card can cause the tape to lift away and the gift card slides down into the adhesive. Wet glue prevents this from happening.



Note - the patterned paper I used has a tendency to crack & split along the folds. To remedy this for my purse, I added Scotch Tape (clear tape) along the inside folds before assembling the purse. I decorated the purse flap with snowflake from the Winter Charms, snipping off the hanging hole.



The ENJOY is from an earlier release - 'Enjoy the Ride' ... I think that the ENJOY works really well with a gift card holder as well.



Supplies:
Various colours of card stock and scraps
1132 Purse Pop Up - Karen Burniston
Patterned paper - I Believe, Minds Eye (old, from my stash)
1118 Flap & Closure - Karen Burniston
Glittery Snowflake Stickers - stash
1018 Winter Charms (small Snowflake) - Karen Burniston
1103 Enjoy the Ride (enjoy) - Karen Burniston
Elements - Cozy Christmas, My Minds Eye
Black Marker
Holographic Circle Stickers - Dazzles

Card size - 4 x 8.5", which fits in a #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!