Sunday 30 August 2020

August Paper Pumpkin Cards - Thirteen of Them!


Hello crafty friends

I have never subscribed to a monthly card subscription kit, but I have had my eye on the Stampin' Up Paper Pumpkin kit for a few months and finally signed up. The August 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit was my very first and I really enjoyed making these cards!  The kit comes with everything (but scissors) you need to create nine cards with three of them being shaker cards. I was able to make thirteen cards with six of them being shaker cards! 

I did a walk through video for you, since I wanted to show you all thirteen cards and it was faster to talk than to type. You can find my YouTube video below, with still shots below that. Lots and lots of still shots. Ha! 


Here are the three additional shaker cards I made, using extra goodies from my craft room in addition to the kit.



All three shaker cards were done the same inside ...



These two were done pretty much like the card samples in the instructions, other than I cut apart the blue argyle print card bases so I would have two card fronts and added them to my own white card bases.




Here is the inside of these two cards.



These two cards were also done pretty much the same as the instructions, with my own white card bases and a cut apart green argyle print A2 note card. I also used blending brushes to add ink to the white vellum sprigs.




 Here is the inside, with both cards done the same. 



You have to know I made a Slimline card too, using the Birthday Chick stamp set from MFT Stamps.





This is the inside of the Slimline card.



 This card has the Pacific Point ribbon wrapped around the yellow panel.




 ... and the inside of the card.



Another card where I wrapped the ribbon around the panel before adhering to a white card base.





Here are the three shaker cards that came in the kit, but I did them differently than the instructions. 



This one will be put away for our Grandson Ethan, who is very good at Karate and I expect I will need this for him once tournaments can start up again. The additional trophy is a die from I-crafter (Best Dad). I cut it from Stampin' Up gold foil card stock.




Inside I added Karate Riley the Moose, and there is still room to write a message to him.



The second shaker has one of the printed trophy elements added inside the shaker, but it is adhered to the base with foam tape.




And the inside of the second shaker card, which I will hang onto for the two other grandkids who take Karate.



My third shaker card has a transparent window, which is kind of fun. You can see the inside through the front of the shaker element. This one is a teacher thank you card!




Below is the card opened.



One more gold trophy was added, as well as the word teacher. 


Some of these cards will be going into my stash, others are being set aside as a gift for a friend and also our middle daughter. I am working on a set of birthday cards to give both of them.

Supplies:
August 2020 Paper Pumpkin (unless mentioned below)
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Trophy die - Best Dad, I-crafter
Blue sequins
Gold microbes
Transparency
Dashing Rectangle Dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stitched Circle dies - MFT Stamps
Banner Punch - Stampin' Up
Karate Riley - Riley & Company
Water Brush
Tasteful Label dies - Stampin' Up
Various card stocks
Large Birthday - Technique Teusday
Happy Birthday stamp - Blossoms in Bloom, Stampin' Up
Birthday - Darkroopm Door
It's Your Day - Best Catch, Stampin' Up
Holographic circle stickers - Dazzles
Leaf/Feather - Paper Smooches
White gel pen
Star punch
Wink of Stella
The Inside Scoop - Taylored Expressions
Blending Brushes - Taylored Expressions
Birthday Chicks - MFT Stamps
Blends - Stampin' Up
Copic markers
Stitched Fishtail Banner - MFT Stamps
Sakura black glaze pen
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Sprig die - Unknown

Card sizes - All but the Slimline are standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")
Slimline is 3.5 x 8.5" and fits in a #10 business envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!