Tuesday 11 August 2020

Hello and Sand Crab Slimline Card


Hello crafty friends ...

I was looking through this package of patterned paper, and was inspired by a section of one of the sheets and decided to use it along with this adorable Sand Crab die for my Slimline card today.


While I loved the design at the bottom of the panel, the top looked a little stark. So I pulled out this Waves stencil and added some colour. Then I die cut the Hello from a different patterned paper in the stack and stamped the coordinating sentiment on an inked banner.



I loved this crab as soon as I saw it, and can't believe that this is the first time I've use it! I love the size of it. While the shell was die cut from a mauve pearlized card stock, the rest was die cut from white card stock. I dipped & dragged the pieces through puddles of Distress Oxide inks that had been spritzed with water. I did add a little definition with Copic Markers after everything was dry. The eyes were coloured with a black sharpie and then I added some sparkly no-hole sequins to the card front after adhering the crab with foam tape.



Inside I used another patterned paper from the package along with these pretty Slimline dies. The white panel looked too stark for me so I added some stencilling using the same Waves stencil I used on the card front.



I also added this adorable layered crab that comes in the Seashells die set from ECD.



Into my Happy Mail stash with this one!

Supplies:
Slim Diagonal Stitched Rectangles - Pink Fresh Studio
Patterned paper - Mermaid Tail Collection, Kaisercraft
Sand Crab dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Card stocks
Distress Oxide Inks
Mauve Pearl card stock
Sakura white gel pen
Stickles
Hello stamp and die set - Pink & Main
Waves Stencil - Simon Says Stamp
Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes
Clear Holographic no-hole sequins - Cats Panamas
Slim Ornate Banner dies - Pink Fresh Studio
Small crab, Seashells - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Card size - 4 x 9", fits in a #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!