Thursday 13 August 2020

Clear Mermaid Card




Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm back with another clear card. These are so fun to make - although there can be hurdles.  I have a YouTube video for you that talks about what happened to the first Mermaid Card  card I attempted. 


Tip:  plan to do your heat embossing BEFORE you assemble the card. Even with a pre-heated heat gun, my acetate warped horribly. I was able to salvage the pieces and add them to a second Clear Card base but ... what a mess!



I added lots of sparkle to the mermaid panel with both sequins and Stickles. There is also shine from the acetate and the clear embossing.






Below you can see the card opened, with the reverse of the mermaid panel on the top which was decorated with a coral die cut and shell sequin. I also clear embossed the sentiment inside. I have the card sitting on the mauve envelope for the photo.



LOL - Clear Cards are very hard to photograph!



This card can be for Happy Mail, or just to send for encouragement. I'm sure it could also be a Birthday Card!

Supplies:
Stitched Rectangle Die Set - Your Next Stamp
Report Cover, 10 ml
Patterned paper - Mermaid Tails Collection, Kaisercraft
Various card stocks
Seaweed dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Mauve Pearl card stock
Splish Splash Sentiment - Elizabeth Craft Designs
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Clear Embossing Powder
Words inside - Stampendous
Crystal Clear Confetti - Studio Katia
Stickles

Card size - Standard A2 (5.5 x 4.25")


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!