Saturday 22 August 2020

Flowers and Butterfly 'Hello' Card

Hello crafty friends ...

If you follow my blog you know I donate 25 Birthday cards each month to my Mom's old nursing home. I don't share a lot of them on my blog, simply because there are so many I'd never get to share my more detailed or pop up cards! I have been busy making the September and October nursing home donation cards and when I went to check my blog post for today I realized I didn't have a card to share! Yikes - that hardly ever happens.

I do have several blog posts already scheduled though, so I did some re-arranging and here I am with my Hello card.


This card was made of mostly leftovers! The card base itself is a larger card & envelope from Michaels, that I had lightly stencilled for a card and didn't end up using. When I opened the drawer to grab one of these larger cards, it was sitting on the top and I realized the colours would be perfect for my finished floral panel. That made me happy.

I used this lovely rose stencil to create a background on a card I haven't shared yet, and when I went to clean the stencil I put a rectangle of white card stock under it and wiped the colour off with a damp cloth. That gave me this pretty 'second generation' stencilled background to use on this card! Love getting two backgrounds 'for the price of one'.


I used this pretty stamp set from Stampin' Up along with the coordinating punch so the 'hello' is popped up with foam tape. A layered vellum butterfly is on the top right and I added some holographic stickers for a bit of sparkle. 

Looks like I neglected to take a photo of the inside, but I did add patterned paper and another large white panel to write a note on when I go to send the card.

Supplies:
Various card stocks
1054 Rectangle Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Chalks - Stampin' Up & Q-Tip
Accented Blooms Stamp - Stampin' Up
Tailored Tag Punch - Stampin' Up
Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes
Stickles
Coloured Pencils - Prismacolor
Dashing Rectangle Dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Card and Envelope - Michaels
Vellum
Butterfly Punch - Martha Stewart
Holographic circle stickers - Dazzles
Stencil - Bouquet of Roses, Simon Says Stamp
Other stencils - unknown

Card size - 5 x 6.5", fits in the included envelope


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!