Monday 24 August 2020

August Sheetload of Cards

Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm sharing six cards I made to donate to my Mom's old nursing home. In early June, I stumbled upon Call Me {Crafty} Al's YouTube channel where she was sharing her June 2020 Sheetload of Cards. I was intrigued, watched her video and immediately subscribed and downloaded the template. I haven't actually used that one yet, but I loved her idea of using a sketch and patterned paper to make a set of coordinating cards. She provides the cutting and sketch templates for free but you do need to be a subscriber to her YouTube channel. It's well worth it - I promise!


I did use her July Sheetload of Cards to make other Birthday Cards to donate, but haven't shared those ones yet. If you follow my blog you know I donate 25 Birthday Cards each month to the nursing home and I rarely post things in the same order I make them. 

These cards use Alicia's August Sheetload of Cards (isn't that name great??!) and for this one she gives the cutting guide for 6 x 6" patterned papers, vs the 12 x 12" cutting guides on previous ones. I pulled out an older package of papers and got to work.

As Alicia suggested, I chose two sets of three sheets of papers that I felt went well together from the package - six sheets in total. I really liked that I was able to use all six sheets with NO SCRAPS leftover. Here are the first three cards:



The card insides were all done the same, using my Mini MISTI for the stamping which made it go really quickly. I chose to fishtail some additional scraps from the package and added them to the inside for a pop of colour.



Below is the second set of cards. The stickers were in my stash and I adhered them to white card stock for stability then fussy cut and popped them up with foam tape. 



My change to the sketch was to use this stitched sentiment strip die instead of adding the patterned paper strip to the bottom of the sentiment panel as shown in the sketch.



I had to stop myself from grabbing 6 more sheets of patterned paper and making 6 more cards right away. But I will be making more for sure - I really enjoyed this process and love having 6 fun Birthday Cards for the nursing home residents! I want the residents to feel special, so rarely include more than two cards the same in any given month. But these are all different enough to include together!

Supplies:

Crafty Al ... https://www.youtube.com/c/CallMeCraftyAl/videos
Patterned paper - Summer Bliss, Echo Park
Stitched Sentiment Strips - Kat Scrappiness
Words on front - LotsOfBirthday2Stamp, the Stamps of Life
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Stickers - stash
Nuvo Drops
Stickles
Words inside - Big Birthday Sentiments, MFT Stamps
Card size - all, A2 (4.25 x 5.5")


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!