Friday 5 June 2020

Five Strawberry Themed Cards


Hello crafty friends ...

There were two sheets of 12 x 12" strawberry patterned paper in the pad I was trying to use up, so I decided to pair them up with these strawberry stamps that I've also had for several years and use up those sheets. Rather than share the cards in three or four different posts, I've just added them all into this one. So - sit back, there are lots of photos!

First up, for Fun Fold Friday here on my blog is a Four Panel Pop Up! The sentiment on the front is from one of the few new stamp sets I purchased in February (before COVID-19 turned the world upside down) and it works perfectly with these strawberries! I also added a few enamel dots.


As I often do, I added an extra fold to the centre of this die. I have a short tutorial on how to do this on an earlier post HERE, if  you are interested.


Finally, a greeting and area to sign our names and this card was finished.


Onto my second Strawberry card today! There were two 12 x 12" pages printed with various mason jars, and I fussy cut a lot of them to use as elements on cards. The colours on this one worked so well with the strawberries on the patterned paper!


I added some fun strawberry 'confetti' - which I had purchased to add to shaker cards. I think they add a nice touch and some texture to the card.



For the third card, I was working with a smaller piece of the strawberry patterned paper, but did have enough to angle it at the top edge. The green grid paper was also in the same paper stack.


I forgot to mention that the insides of the flat cards were all done the same, stamped using my MISTI for even placement and no 'oopses'.


Finally, the balloon card duo. I cut down one of my ombre A2 printed cards to give me two card panels. The soft greens were a good match for the strawberry leaves/stems. The balloon die is from Your Next Stamp! So fun.


I added a Bakers Twine bow to the front of the balloons, and adhered a string behind them that stretches to the bottom of the card but is caught firmly with the popped up fishtail banner.


The heart bling was a 'gift with purchase' from Queen & Company and since these cards are being hand delivered to the residents at my Mom's old nursing home, I didn't have to worry about bulk. I think they are a nice touch, and they catch the light very nicely when you are holding the cards in your hand..



Supplies:
Patterned paper and cut-parts - Dear Lizzy Neapolitan
3D Pop Up Drop In's - Stephanie Barnard, the Stamps of Life
Stitched mini scalloped rectangle - MFT Stamps
White, peach and green card stocks
Big Birthday Balloon die set - Your Next Stamp
Stitched Rectangle dies set - Your Next Stamp
Sakura white gel pen
Berry Confetti - Trinity Stamps
Enamel dots - Stampin' Up
Catherine Pooler Inks
Stitched Fishtail Banners - MFT Stamps
Let's Celebrate - Happy Birthday, Honey Bee
Bakers Twine
Happy Birthday - Pick Me Up, Your Next Stamp
Bling - Queen & Company
Stitched circle dies - MFT Stamps
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Strawberries2Stamp and
MoreStrawberries2Stamp - Stephanie Barnard, the Stamps of Life
Sweet Sentiments - MFT Stamps

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!