Tuesday 16 June 2020

Trifold Slimline Sympathy Card


Hello crafty friends

I talk about the details on this card in my YouTube video here:  https://youtu.be/S0zqwrmz2Mc



I have been having fun coming up with different ways to create Slimline cards, and this is another one I'm happy to share with you. I created a trifold variation!


The pretty patterned paper is from an older paper pad by K & Company. I cut the card stock 8.5 x 8.5", then scored 2" from the right edge and 3" from the left edge. When folded, it is the Slimline size of 3.5 x 8.5". I cut the patterned paper so I could have an even white border around the edges, and added a long decorator panel on the left flap to add the stamping to. Again, you can choose your measurements, but the base of this one is 3 x 7",  with a 2.75 x 6.75" white stamped & embossed panel. You can add other shapes to this as well, but the first three of these I've made have all had the 3 x 7" rectangle. The others won't be shared for awhile.

The floral piece inside was a leftover piece from the 12 x 12" sheet of patterned paper - but this is another area you can add whatever shape you would like.


Inside I used gold to heat emboss the Sentiment, and added a few more gold sequins.



Even with the layers, this card fit perfectly into a #10 Business envelope and mailed for a single stamp.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Celeste, K & Company
White card stock
Flower stamp - Remarkable You, Stampin' Up
Gold embossing powder
Sympathy4you stamp set - the Stamps of Life, Stephanie Barnard
Sakura gold gel pen
Water brush
i-crafter Blending Brushes
Border Peel Off Scrap - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Gold Sequins
Card size: 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

7 comments:

  1. another great idea for a slimline card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card and I really like the trifold idea. Thank you for sharing how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TY for sharing another fun way to make the slimline card. You are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for sharing this creative idea you have there. You are one creative person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again for sharing this creative idea you have there. You are one creative person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!