Saturday 27 June 2020

Layered Mushroom House Card



Hello crafty friends ...

About the time I was looking to add some Gnomes to my stamp & die collection, I saw Tanya's video on creating these 3-D mushroom houses using the Riley & Company Mushroom Lane stamps. Since I was ordering the large Gnomes anyhow, I added this Tri-Level Mushroom House to the order. (Stamps and dies).

After stamping it in Copic friendly ink, I coloured it up then made three colour copies. This was a suggestion Tanya had in her video so I thought I'd give it a try.


The coordinating die set cuts different portions of the Mushroom House, so I cut those out from the colour copies and layered everything together with foam tape. Very similar to Paper Tole, which was popular years ago. 


Lots of fun dimension on the card, and I didn't want to add a sentiment to the front and distract from the layered look of the mushroom house. I added a fun sentiment inside though!


Supplies:
White, Kraft and tan card stocks
Mushroom Lane Tri- Level House stamp and dies - Riley & Company
Copic markers
1054 Rectangles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Sakura white gel pen
Nuvo Glitter Pen
Inside stamp - Impression Obsession
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Small mushroom stamp - You Gnome Me, MFT Stamps

Card size - Standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!